Burakku Jakku (Black Jack) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Burakku Jakku (Black Jack) Reviews

½ June 28, 2012
Brilliant use of motifs, Bliblical allusions, and shocking sequences.
October 27, 2011
Es una buena pelicula, con personajes interesantes y una trama no tan aburrida, aunque el personaje de Black Jack (el protagonista) es el centro de atencion toda la pelicula, un tanto ironico considerando su oficio, los dialogos no son fantasticos pero estan lejos de ser malos igual que la animacion y la narrativa.
October 14, 2010
I found the main character Black Jack interesting, but I didn't care or understand Jo Carol Brane. Her character is the stereotypical ice queen and she is given some of the worst monologues I have ever heard. Plus I found the choice of music odd, it was far to romantic for this story.
July 26, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

An entertaining anime film.
½ July 23, 2010
A superb look at a future where humans push beyond their limits and the moral ramifications of our actions. One of the best films to come out of Japan, it is dark, intriguing and full of mystery.
March 13, 2010
not as good as the comic it is based on, the long winded monologues don't translate well to the screen and make it kind of boring at times
½ February 28, 2010
Apart from a rather abrupt ending, Black Jack was an enjoyable anime with a premise that reminded me of Resident Evil 1 (the game, not the dire film!).
November 8, 2009
an enjoyable medical thriller anime feature based on a work of manga legend osamu tezuka. very well paced and balanced to capture interest from start to finish (it felt a bit like watching an extended episode of 'house'). also has some interesting stylistic directorial touches.
September 14, 2009
OMG, LOVE it soooooooo much!!!!
½ July 2, 2009
A medical-themed intelligent anime (my first). A super surgeon for hire (wow free markets at work in health care) uncovers the source of 'Superhumans' and his attempts to stop the evil money grubbing pharma corp (darn the same old socialist take on big pharma). No skin, no robots, no mutilation during fights (just surgical mutilation during operative procedures).
May 19, 2009
It's a decent idea and instead of most mangas which end with some giant thing fighting some other giant thing with giant tentacles with a giant sword/laser cannon, this is more CSI/House. Where it falls is in being totally predictable - big corporation has unleashed a virus and can't control it. Black Jack himself is an interesting character (with the greatest hair ever), though I would have loved to know more about him even if that would have ruined his mystery. A bit different but nothing special.
January 20, 2009
I think I saw this before.
January 13, 2009
a must see anime movie!
November 6, 2008
Uhm, "collection of episodes"? This is the box are and info for the OAV, people.

Still. Black Jack fan since childhood. Awesome stuff.
½ August 20, 2008
Excelente pelicula! Para aquellos que gustan del Anime, basada en un Manga del mismo nombre nos pone en la piel de Black Jack, el mejor medico del mundo sin licencia.
La trama gira en torno a una enfermadad llamada el Mal de Moria o algo asi en la cual se ven afectadas muchos deportistas y artistas importantes.
Muy buena peli, muy recomendada aunque dificil de conseguir. Si tienen la oportunidad de verla, haganlo
July 29, 2008
Terrible story and terrible animation. You don't care about the characters and the animation turns you off from the very beginning. I looked at my watch FAR too often. Avoid this!
½ July 23, 2008
Interesting premise that pulled me in immediately! Actually enjoyed that they went to freeze frame for some moments, probably recalling the manga (which I haven't read, but would like to). Black Jack is an intriguing character who reminds me of a nicer, slightly more empathetic Greg House. (Apparently other viewers see this, too!) Really enjoyed the premise...wish they'd made it a series!
July 23, 2008
This is a great series, and the movies are amazing too. One of the best.
May 18, 2008
Great sci-fi medical thriller from the creative resources of Osamu Tezuka. Not much to say. Animation was OK. Story was great. Looking for an anime thriller? Look no further.
March 24, 2008
Cliched, unconvincing story progression, and contains an extremely irritating "uber cute" little girl. Interesting premise, though.