Black Mask 2: City of Masks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Mask 2: City of Masks Reviews

½ May 23, 2014
a campy sci-fi martial arts actioner. the story and action seem to be a free-for-all. so, expect anything and everything!! lol, one thing for sure, you can't take your eyes off the screen! rated, guilty pleasure. : D on should've gotten top billing.
October 7, 2013
Just pretend they never made this sequel.Directed by Tsui Hark?Oh no,this is Impossible!
March 10, 2013
Does not live up to the originals standards..
January 22, 2013
Sequel is saved purely because of Tobin Bell.
January 8, 2013
Rob Van Dam, Rob Van Dam, Rob Van Dam. Between RVD and the first Black Mask, I had to see this. I admit it was not the best, but still entertaining and lives up to my often-referenced Sci-Fi Channel Original standards.
½ September 24, 2012
"Black Mask 2" is a prime example as to why foreign franchises should NOT be rebooted for American audiences.
February 1, 2011
BLACK MASK 2: CITY OF MASKS (2002)
October 18, 2010
not a bad movie i did like the first one more though but this movie was interesting it had some bad effects at times but some of the make up and creature costumes were kinda cool and andy on wasnt to bad as black mask and i was happy to see scott adkins in here hes good and he played a cool character
August 31, 2010
The accompanying Stewart Copeland played very well and good role play.
March 4, 2010
This was even more bonkers than the 1st movie. genetic superhuman wrestlers who can transform into b movie monsters. Actually now u say that how did this not work?? lol There is some really dodgy cgi in this film as well.
The guy taking over from jet li wasnt in the same class but i suppose this was his earliest films? his martial arts were ok i suppose. There were a fw familiar faces flouting around as well, rob van damme and scott adkins appear which can't be a bad thin i suppose?
January 27, 2010
Super hokey. Most of the dialogue should have just been cut. Reminds me of Power Rangers, the live action TNMT and Mario Bros. Bell, On and Polito are great. Bizarre joke of a movie. Some good fight scenes, but really, this movie is terrible.
½ January 11, 2010
This was the most retarded movie...I've seen in a while. Why did I even attempt this..."
½ December 30, 2009
a comic book like movie
July 23, 2009
Awesome!!!!!! A good branch to new mutants. Awesome fighting scenes!
xXGotchXx
January 19, 2009
Looks poor and has one of the most laziest attempts on coming up with a movie sequel name
December 24, 2008
Perhaps the only thing that appealed to me was the tokusatsu like feel...
½ October 4, 2008
es rara ya que esta RVD, el tipo de saw y no esta jet li
½ September 19, 2008
Slow start and rather silly story. I have not seen the first one, so I can not compare them.
½ September 17, 2008
Thanks for the dubbing artists, Andy Lau, Anthony Wong, Louis Koo etc...they totally "changed" the movie into a comedy.

I laughed all the night when I was enjoying the film! Who said good movie needs a good plot?
½ August 3, 2008
i actually enjoyed the first black mask, super soldier movies ar ok if they have kung fu. However, anything the first had going for it, this film was missing. this was more like power rangers than a movie. (i might have liked bits of it i just cant think of any yet.)