Black Samurai - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Samurai Reviews

July 14, 2013
Dwarfs, and jet-packs, and vultures! Oh my!
March 21, 2013
A bizarre cult have kidnapped the girlfriend of secret agent Jim kelly. Using all his martial arts skill and unique gadgets (I think Q's job is safe) he sets of for Haithi to rescue her.
October 17, 2011
This is so bad that I actually enjoyed it more than Black Belt Jones, which had the much higher budget clearly. How can you not be entertained by a movie with Satanic cults, midgets (a lot of midgets) and tons of fake blood, plus Jim Kelly's kick ass Afro/mutton chops? I've never seen a movie with worse acting in my life. Movies where people try to simulate bad acting do not come close to the wooden scenes these people put together. It's special in a bad good way.
½ May 23, 2011
BLACK SAMURAI (1977)
½ February 10, 2011
It's not brilliant, but Jim Kelly fights midgets and a vulture... sooo... 2.5 stars.
½ September 5, 2010
A prime example of how NOT to make a martial arts action movie. It's so cheesy and everything about reeks bad from the dialogue to the acting and the half-assed fight scenes. Our hero has to fight his way through some devil worshippers, zulu warriors, some demented midgets and a vulture!!! Some very unintentionally hilarious scenes throughout this movie. You'll make yourself sick laughing through the entire 82 mins. Never before have I seen such an embarrasing and inept movie but it's never boring. It's got terrible and uninspired acting, directing, and writing. If you're desperate for a cheap laugh and to see how crap this is by all means take a look. Absolutely appalling in every aspect.
½ September 5, 2010
½ June 13, 2010
"Black Samurai" aurait pu être un de ces films "tellement mauvais que c'est bien", mais en fait c'est tellement naze que c'est juste moyen, on se fait chier au début puisque Jim Kelly ne fait rien d'autre que rouler des mécaniques, parler, conduire une super caisse et penser à sa meuf qu'il embrasse partout sauf sur la bouche ! Dans ce film là, qui mêle toujours blaxploitation et arts martiaux, vient s'ajouter un peu de sorcellerie en la personne du méchant de l'histoire, Janicot le Warlock qui possèderait des pouvoirs magique, vaudou etc, d'ailleurs pour nous montrer que c'est du vaudou on a droit à des danseurs fringué comme un film raciste sur l'Afrique, et ce fameux Warlock a plus l'air d'un comptable qu'un sorcier tellement il n'a rien de menaçant. Le méchant vraiment charismatique se trouve être la femme jouée par la foutrement belle et canon Marylin Joi. C'est toujours aussi mal édité (les parties censurées se voient à des km), mal joué (Kelly se contracte comme s'il se chiait dessus), mal chorégraphié (une catastrophe) et Kelly ne se défait jamais de l'influence de Bruce Lee, ça en fait mal aux yeux et aux oreilles, et le film va super loin dans la connerie et l'absurde. Le combat dans la mousse n'était rien à côté de Jim Kelly, l'athlète d'1m88 qui se bat contre des nains par exemple !!!!!! C'est très très moyens, mal fichu mais ça reste une curiosité, et puis Joi rattrape le reste !
½ April 6, 2009
One of the best cheesy Kung-Fu movies around. Jim Kelly completely rocks. Throw in all the midgets, snakes, jet packs, cavemen, bad dubbing and the biggest vulture in the world (which gets it's ass kicked), you have the makings of cinematic gold.
February 11, 2009
So bad it's good, what's not to like about this film? where do you start? Just watch it...
½ July 25, 2008
Dubbed-over midget screaming while swinging from trees. Jet pack, punches and kicks that never touch the other guy. Turn it off after the highlights.
½ March 29, 2008
So bad it's good, but I can't in good conscience give a movie that features a samurai with an afro fighting a vulture and a bullwhip toting midget cowboy (played by "himself" if you look in the credits) more than one star.

I love that there's a credit for "Haitian Voodoo Researcher." The researcher concluded that Haitian rituals involve a white woman in a bikini dancing while she rubs red corn syrup all over herself.

Another nice touch is that the snake "pit" has a door of iron bars. I don't mean to be picky, but I have a suspicion that snakes could get out of that, somehow.

Oh, and the "jet pack" is a dummy in a red leisure towed around under a helicopter.

Who am I kidding? It gets an extra half star.
March 28, 2008
Black Terminator? Who plays him, Arnold Schwarzen*gger? Oops, it put an * instead of an E.
February 12, 2008
Five BILLION out of five stars. This movie rocks! Seven hundred fighting midgets and a pimp sorceror + Jim Kelly kung fus a vulture = word.
January 10, 2008
The jive talkin' Black Samurai must infiltrate the black magic Warlock and kung fu his occult henchmen which include a fair amount of midgets and a vulture. Kelly's jet pack kicks ass
½ December 30, 2007
This movie starts out on an OK note with some good action scenes. But, theres really bad choreography, excessively annoying over dubs, and too much general pointlessness for any entertainment value. It really looks like the edited in the rehearsals by mistake and got Jim Kelly to over dub some late additions to the script. If you want to see Jim Kelly get Black Belt Jones. Get this if you liked Dolemite 2.
December 6, 2007
I rented this movie thinking it was going to be like Enter The Dragon with black people. It wasn't. It's cheesy and campy at the best of times and the fights revolve around Kelly kicking shades of shit out of people in his way. Not entertaining and not funny.
November 18, 2007
this is one of the best comedy ever must see!!!
November 16, 2007
Nothing sucks about this.