Black Sheep - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Sheep Reviews

½ March 28, 2015
Black Sheep is an enjoyable gory horror movie with great makeup effects and a premise that gets crazier and crazier. Check it out
March 11, 2015
Deranged killer man eating sheep, sheep?! there are only two countries in the world where you could imagine this being set, Wales or New Zealand. I will spare you the obligatory sheep shagging jokes despite the fact this film actually uses that crude old low brow country laugh for the backstory of one main character.

So a dodgy sheep owner on a farm is carrying out dodgy genetic experiments on his sheep to turn them into carnivores. Naturally a couple of people steal a mutant lamb to try and expose this but they accidentally release it causing a mass infection of the sheep.

So its pretty much any infectious zombie flick you can think of but replace dead humans with mutated sheep. Sounds insane and it is, but I guess animals of such vast numbers like sheep, cows, chickens, pigs etc...would be perfect for this type of genre. If you think about it they are the most unlikely creatures that humans would be worried about, so there would be the under estimation of danger along with their sheer numbers.

This film is labelled as a horror comedy and has clearly been influenced by 'American Werewolf in London'. The sheep are like weresheep, their bite turns people into half sheep half human bipedal freaks that look like zombiefied monster sheep, plus the blood and gore is through the roof with some great hands on makeup effects. There is even a homage to the classic moment in 'American Werewolf' where David transforms and we see his face n body extending with cracking bones. This is pretty much copied here (mainly the face) and looks just as good I might add.

Not your average horror and not really scary, more of a fun idea (possible homage) showcasing some great makeup effects and good use of some real flocks. What I'm waiting for now is the same thing again but for pigeons in London, seriously it could work.
January 20, 2015
Ahora le toca el turno a las ovejas ser las asesinas, ligera y entretenida cinta inglesa, aunque abusa del gore
½ December 3, 2014
Aaah man that was straight out of the sheep's ass. I should have known since it is a movie about zombie sheep after all. IGN for some reason felt the need to put it on their 'horrors to watch' list but everything from its acting, comedy and cheap plastic gore was terrible. If there ever was a zombie apocalypse of any kind, make them watch this as I'm sure they would then blow their own heads off.
½ November 18, 2014
All that you could want from a movie about carnivorous, zombie sheep.
October 30, 2014
I have never laughed so hard in my life!
September 2, 2014
New Zealand may not produce much in the horror-comedy department, but when it does, it's a thing of beauty. Juicy gore, tongue-in-cheek humour and loads of weresheep make this a modern splatstick masterpiece.
May 13, 2014
From so dumb a story it just has to be seen
April 11, 2014
Black Sheep starts off with what could have been an outrageous black horror comedy, sadly the jokes are so hit and miss I find my self laughing out loud at some, and going 'meh' at others. This film has all of the right elements and you can tell the makers tried hard, but ultimately they run out of steam and added in plot devices which are both unnecessary and do nothing for the film. Still, this movie does has a place in the guilty pleasure box. You shouldn't like it, but some elements keep you watching.
½ April 10, 2014
The premise is funny, but a over-reliance on gore and childish jokes bring the film down.
April 7, 2014
The film starts off being as bonkers as you might expect (and desire) but eventually turns into a standard monster movie.
The creature FX are quite fantastic and the concept behind the film truly entertaining.
In the end, this has elements of Dead Alive, Shaun of the Dead, plenty of gore, black humour, and a story only New Zealand (or perhaps Scotland) could truly create.
Worth checking out for fans of this kind of absurb horror comedy.
March 8, 2014
i liked it, even though it was dead alive with sheep
February 25, 2014
the premises for a good B-movie are there but they are stretched to the most demential extreme, from the genetic engineered weresheeps to the perverted sexual fetishes and the environmental movements mockery. a surprisingly enjoyable trashy movie.
½ February 21, 2014
"SHEEP WITH A TASTE FOR BLOOD"

- 'Black Sheep' is a 2006 horror comedy from New Zealand. It is said to be inspired by Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' and 'Braindead'. We have killer dogs, whales, worms, bunnies, birds, ... so why not do something with murderous sheep? I HATED this film, the story is a load of bull... and the characters are really annoying. I like the horror genre, but this was an absolute waste of time. I don't understand why people like it. The only good thing I can say about it is that the make-up artists did a very good job.

After 15 years Henry Oldfield returns to his hometown to sell his share of the family farm to his twisted brother Agnus. Henry has a phobia of sheep and wants to go as quickly as possible. Unknowingly he will have to face the horrible experiments of his brother, who wanted to create a new breed of genetically manipulated sheep. The animals whoever have developed a taste for blood. Can Henry escape his worst nightmare?
February 10, 2014
interesting and gore
½ January 11, 2014
A great, b movie. With zombie sheep. Don't take seriously. Have fun with it and enjoy.
Ideal double bill with something like the film Bad Taste or Brain Dead.
December 1, 2013
Black Sheep is Slither meets American Werewolf in London. The score is good and the special effects are great. But when all is said and done.. Black Sheep is bleeeeehhh...
½ November 17, 2013
this is a good horror film overall, the sheep are actually pretty scary looking, and theres some slapstick humor and funny dialogue from the characters for comic relief. This movie is not great, but its an enjoyable low budget horror/comedy, and if you watch it that way, its a good movie. (by the way, if you are sensitive to excessive gore, or a little queasy, then you might not want to see this film)
½ September 20, 2013
In this New Zealand horror thriller, genetically changed sheep go rampage. That shows all trademarks of Peter Jackson's early gore-fests but is not entirely as groundbreaking. While the silliness is intended its often a tad too predictable to be entirely satisfying.
September 14, 2013
sheep and rabbits are a couple of my favourite animals so a couple parts kind of hurt me to watch, but this was SO fun. should have watched it sooner.