Black Snake Moan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Snake Moan Reviews

July 21, 2015
Getting my wife caught up some of the finer films.
July 6, 2015
This concept was really interesting. I really enjoyed this movie!
½ May 3, 2015
Offbeat. A bit too uneventful.
April 10, 2015
SO. UNDERRATED. A sexy, bizarre southern tale of friendship and love. Samuel L. Jackson, Christina Ricci and Justin Timberlake are EXCELLENT and the soundtrack is so amazing. See this see this see this!
February 25, 2015
What a cool movie. I came in expecting kind of a joke of an entertaining movie considering the preview had Samuel Jackson chaining up a little white girl, but I was pleasently surprised. An all too interesting story and good acting(with the exception of Justin Timberlake) makes this a must-see in my opinion.
January 7, 2015
The best movie of it's decade.
January 3, 2015
looks good...something different
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A decent drama movie with Samuel L Jackson and J. Timberlake have a small role aswell. Story tho is a bit strange but involving family problems , helping etc in a different way.. Nice acting by Samuel as always.
December 26, 2014
Funny and cool movie .
December 16, 2014
SUPERB ACTING GREAT STORY LINE THAT JUST WORKS.
November 20, 2014
(57%)
First off straight away the movie doesn't work, it leans too heavily into exploitation sleaze as well as lacking real substance for it to be in any way a thoughtful drama, and it's not entertaining enough, and dare I say it, too well made/performed for it to be truly fun drive-in movie throwback. What comes painfully close to saving this movie is Mr Samuel L. Jackson giving one of his better performances yet, he really is superb; while Christina Ricci puts out a no holding back performance of a character who wouldn't be out of place in a 1970's softcore sex picture with the direction almost ogling her largely semi-nude screen time at every opportunity. For the performances alone this is just about worth a look, but it's not a repeat watch or something that needs to be seen.
October 27, 2014
WOW.....WOW.....WOW......WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD.....MAN I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N I REALLY DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL,.....MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH.......

For the film, Jackson spent six or seven hours a day for half a year learning how to play the blues guitar for several songs he plays throughout the film, all of which derive from the repertoire of R. L. Burnside Ricci wore an actual 40-pound (18 kg) chain during filming and ate only foods of no nutritional value to achieve a sickly appearance.She told Entertainment Weekly that she remained scantily clad even when the cameras were not rolling: "Sam [Jackson] would be like, 'Put some clothes on!' I was like, 'No, you don't understand. I'm doing something important.'

The title of the film derives from the 1927 Blind Lemon Jefferson song. The film draws numerous references to the Mississippi Blues movement, not least in its title and soundtrack.

MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY RUBBISH POINTLESS MOVIE 2 WATCH.....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THORUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS.....
October 21, 2014
While a far cry from Brewer's stirring breakthrough 'Hustle & Flow,' 'Black Snake Moan' delivers as a slow-burning character study refreshingly afraid of neither melodrama nor weirdness. Yes, it's excessive, but therein lies its appeal. Ricci is fearless, Jackson's towering charisma is in full-force, and the rural locale is put to good use. Worth a look if you're in the mood for deliberately paced eccentricity. Rent it.
September 30, 2014
A fun, family oriented movie with plenty of laughs, and a great message.
September 27, 2014
Samuel Jackson? Dude, I'm there.
½ September 25, 2014
strange story about agape
½ September 12, 2014
The acting outweighs the story with this film, but still manages to hold you until the end.
September 3, 2014
Not as engaging (or memorable) as Brewers previous effort, Hustle and Flow, but still solid in it's own way through strong performances from Jackson and Ricci.
August 6, 2014
Great movie! One of the best in a long time.