Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story Reviews

½ February 26, 2010
Saw this on hulu and the description lured me in. Paintball Superstar...banned for 10 years. Couldn't decide what part of that made less sense. Then started watching and realized it was a mockumentry.

So disappointing.

Basically has the whole cast of Best Week Ever in it...funny in places, but ultimately a waste of time.
February 25, 2010
Looked funny and I like a lot of the actors in it, but I had never heard of it before.
½ January 24, 2010
Good - but probably about 20 min too long - got boring after a while, but Rob Riggle is HILARIOUS!
January 5, 2010
not a good movie but a GREAT paintball movie.
½ December 8, 2009
This movie was just ok for me. For a comedy it had it funny moments, thanks to the characters. Of course Rob Corddry was pretty good and I really enjoyed the character played by Rob Riggle. I was always laughing when he was shouting. There were two things that threw me off a little. One the story was not that strong. It was good that the movie had it funny moments or it would of bombed even more. The second is that the camera was really weird. The film was shot like a documentary, which means the camera will be a little shaky. But when they played paintball, the camera shook so much that it gave you a bit of a headache. But for the most part, the movie was entertaining to watch.
December 8, 2009
½ October 21, 2009
A very enthusiastic ensemble of underground comedy vets that doesn't quite hit the mark.
½ August 30, 2009
A couple chuckles,but mainly because I play paintball.
August 28, 2009
This movie is hilarious.
½ May 19, 2009
The improvisational faux-documentary style doesn't hold up as well as the Christopher Guest-type movies because the characters aren't as well-defined. Many of the actors just tried to imitate Rob Corddry's laid-back acting and just ended up coming off as unsure of themselves or their roles. However, Corddry did a pretty good job as the lead and Rob Riggle and DJ Hazard shone in their roles (which mainly just consisted of them shouting their misinformed opinions.)
½ March 23, 2009
I didn't actually finish this movie, but that doesn't speak at all to the quality. It's in fact a really hilarious entry into the Will Ferrell-plays-an-over-the-top-character-that-should've-been-an-SNL sketch-but-is-instead-an-awful-90-minute-movie genre, but without Will Ferrell and in a mockumentary style that suits the humor in a much better way than the bombastic style of wretched fare like Blades of Glory. I should really finish this.
½ March 1, 2009
This movie had it's moments. Unfortunately...that's pretty much all the good I can say about it. It's an indie film in every sense of the term, and it's pretty substantial and funny if you're excessively into paintball (which I am) but it lacked a lot of substance for the everyday viewer, it didn't flow well, and...well, it didn't really have that much of a story. The camerawork is shaky and nauseating at times, and almost every scene outside of the paintball matches is dull and uninteresting. On the plus side though, the acting is pretty good, and there are a few captivating and truly funny moments. Overall, I would only reccomend this film to those who love paintball and want a movie to call their own.
½ February 14, 2009
this movie is truly an indie comedy in every sense of the word, but it does have it's moments of truly funny stuff. It's made to appear like a documentary about the life of bobby dukes, who supposedly was the best paintball player until the infamous wiping incident lol
rob cordry and the other relatively unknown players do a really good job in this really indie film and it's cool that it's about paintball.
January 30, 2009
I enjoyed Corddry on The Daily Show and he's done well in this movie too. A lot of small roles are filled by familiar faces and the movie is well put together on what appears to have been a shoestring budget. Doesn't hurt if you like paintball either but probably not essential to enjoy the humour of the many subtle jokes hidden in this gem. I'd recommend it.
December 10, 2008
The film is funny in parts and it is interesting to see up and coming comedic actors in minor roles. Some of which you will probably recognize from â??The Daily Showâ?? but the movie is kind of bland. I like everyone involved in this film but they are all capable of better.

Itâ??s not even the faux documentary format that is bothersome, it just feels uninspired. In fact the only person who really comes out of this with there head held high is not the star rob corddry, Itâ??s Rob Riggle who is wonderfully hilariously over the top as a violent member of bobbyâ??s new paintball team. Any scene with him is a joy. Even if it is just to see his facial reactions, especially his scenes with bobbyâ??s sister as he flirts unsuccessfully and itâ??s almost like he is sexually harassing her. The scenes are uncomfortable and hilarious.

Itâ??s an O.K. movie mostly it seems improvised which sometimes works beautifully sometimes doesnâ??t itâ??s a mixed bag. it lacks structure that can throw a filmâ??s focus off. Like I was left wondering is his sister slow? Though her character is such a sweet character your happy when she finds romance.

I like the fact that with all the craziness that happens it has a message and moral ending.

Wait for it on cable
September 27, 2008
A very well done very small comedy. It appeared to take basically everyone who ever was on the Daily Show. Rob Corddry is funny in the lead role.
July 15, 2008
I thought this was absolutely hilarious - Corddry is great. But the real show stealer here in Rob Riggle. I laughed every time he showed up in the movie. Hard.
½ July 15, 2008
This movie has its moments of greatness, but it's not quite there. That being said, still a good, well-rounded movie. Oh, and very funny. Any movie that has a 2 minute rip on Canada is fine by me
½ July 13, 2008
Great performances. The Robs are unstoppable (Corddry, Riggle, Huebel). Paul Scheer/Lenny was so sweet and pathetic. Riggle really scared me because he was really a Marine.
June 2, 2008
N.O.S.O.
Hellfire DEATH DEATH DEATH!