Blade II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade II Reviews

½ October 12, 2015
Great action, neat characters, fun weapons, cool villains = a lot of fun. I'd buy this series if I wasn't so low on cash and buying movies didn't seem so stupid right now.
½ September 23, 2015
Surpasses the original in every way: Better style, better visuals, better camera work, better effects, better story, better action scenes, creative new and cool looking villain and an epic finale battle.

This movie is simply put: The best Blade movie.
August 26, 2015
The trilogy could of be better if Guillermo del Toro did all of them because this is the best of the three. B
August 25, 2015
I love this movie flat out plus this is how I meet Norman reedus
½ August 25, 2015
Hey, I didn't know Guillermo del Toro directed this and Norman Reedus (Walking Dead's Darryl) is in it! Cool ultraviolet daylight weapons but the graphics looks like a few games at Dave & Busters (House of the Dead and Street Fighter).
½ July 27, 2015
Awesome vampire movie, before we had all the twilight crap.
½ July 20, 2015
after seeing this multiple times, it still holds up.
½ June 15, 2015
More popcorn action,less character development and script....bad trade.
June 13, 2015
awesome action packed movie
½ June 3, 2015
Good action. Gotta love Snipes taking out the bad dudes!
May 18, 2015
The action is even more exciting, and for what little plot and characterization it has, they are even more compelling than the first Blade film.
May 17, 2015
One of those rare occasions were the sequel is better. Guillermo del Toro adds a touch of class to the franchise and the vampires are nasty cunts.
May 14, 2015
Awesome movie, should have been filmed in 3D.
½ April 17, 2015
More Blood, more blade, more scary. Forgive the grammar but BLADE II is just more better. Not saying the first one isn't good but the sequel took the best parts of it and expanded on that. It might have the same failings as the first as well, underdeveloped characters and such. Also the CG Blade is kind of, well shitty. But this was Guillermo Del Toro's first foray into the Hollywood mainstream and man was he the right choice. Blade II is darker and the action, when Not CG is fast and furious. Best of the series.
April 17, 2015
The second piece of this vampire hunter trilogy blurs the lines between Action, Super Hero and Horror, which personally I'm kinda liking.

This time around, Blade (Wesley Snipes; New Jack City, Chaos), Abraham Whistler (Planet of the Ape, Provinces of Night) and new arrival Scud (Norman Reedus; The Boondock Saints, Pandorum) must team up with the Blood Pack, made up of Dieter Reinhardt (Ron Perlman; Hellboy, Outlander), Nyssa Damaskinos (Hell Ride, Wrong Turn at Tahoe), Chupa (Matt Schulze; The Transporter, The Fast and the Furious), Asad (Danny-John Jules; Red Dwarf, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels), Snowman (Donnie Yen; IP Man, Highlander: Endgame), Verlaine (Marit Kile; Doctors, Blue Murder), Priest (Tony Curran; The Midnight Meat Train, Underworld: Evolution), and Lighthammer (Daz Crawford; Hammer of the Gods, Game Over) in order to defeat UberVamp Jared Nomak (personal favourite Luke Goss; Death Race 2, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Tekken) and his army of Reaper Strain Vampires.

With me so far? No? Then go watch the damn movie! It's very fucking good. The opening is almost as strong as the original, and pretty much everything else about it is better. Not to mention the fact that I'm a total Luke Goss fanboy. All of the characters are so much better. They interact and everything. And even though Wesley Snipes has never really impressed me as an actor, the character of Blade was a little less cheesy, which always helps, and basically just better all 'round.

SPOILERS FOR BLADE, BLADE II and TRINITY: An interesting point, without ruining anything about the trilogy is that in all three films, vampires fight vampires. Not in the whole "Blade's half a vampire so he kills full-on vampires" way, although there is most certainly that, but in Blade, Frost kills the Elder vampires to become La Magra. In Blade II, The Blood Pack and Blade team up to take down a new, much more dangerous breed of vampires. And in Trinity, Dracula goes around killing vampires, pretty much for fun. Just food for thought. I've never read the comics much myself, so I don't really know if that's something that's been going on for a while, or if it just turned out that way.

There were a couple of lame bits. Some very stupid lines like "they took all of our weapons. Even your sword." Even your sword! Man, the single weapon for which you were named after that has killed more vampires than any other thing on the planet, and the vampires took it away from you? The audacity! And there's this whole thing where Whistler is alive again, they went most of the way to explaining it, and then sort of forgot. It would have been so simple to have a four second flashback cover the lot of it. Oh well.

Still though, I'm very, very fond of this one.

April 7, 2015
I think the movie is a action packed suck head killing fest. Very cool!!!
March 11, 2015
Just as good as the first, which is not necessarily good, but not worse, which is definitely good. Better than the 3rd, which is also good.
February 26, 2015
My hubby loves this movie lots of action!