Blades Of Blood Reviews

• Jun 01, 2013

Entertaining enough, but the action is only average and while the political issues are there they are not well brough out.

• Sep 22, 2012

I liked this film a lot. Humour runs through every scene. If your new to Asian cinema this is the kind of movie you could start with. Action, comedy and nothing too heavy or quick to deal with. Now go get a copy from somewhere.

• Jul 06, 2012

Does not live up to the rest of Korean Martial Art movies (both action & plot) out there.

• Jan 07, 2012

Epopé coréene bien moins impressionnante que leur équivalent chinois. ympa mais sans plus.

• Dec 31, 2011

Korea may not be as well know for its period swordsman films like Japan, Hong Kong & China but Blades Of Blood will certainly help them out.

• Nov 19, 2011

A lot of people apparently watched this film for an actor. I watched it because it's a Korean Historical film with sword fights and I wasn't disappointed. It's very sad and romantic [I don't mean that in a quivering lovelove kind of way]. Hwang was hands down my favorite character. Eccentric badasses are always a good addition.

• Oct 30, 2011

This somewhat leaden paced period drama resembles more western historical kolossal than wuxia - not always in a bad way: yes, it drags often, and yes, is a two-and-a-half man prolonged joke, but it shows what seems the fundamental Korean politic certainty: "No matter what, we are doomed".

• Oct 20, 2011

• Oct 18, 2011

Quirky music made for awkward fighting scenes. Some elementary and simplistic writing as well, although I fear some of the language may have been lost in translation. Nonetheless some comedic elements did a great job making sure I couldn't get into the movie. After all of this, set design and location scouting was abysmal. Seemed like the entire production took place in two rooms/locations. Looking for an Asian epic? Look again.

• Oct 14, 2011

Korean historical action movie that can't decide weather to be a samurai movie or a wu xia, but being neither comes off as pretty weak tea. Also, I was not that into any of the main characters, except for Cha Seung-weon as Lee Mong-Hak, whose a good villain. Mostly, it's a lot of silly hats...