The Blair Witch Project - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Blair Witch Project Reviews

½ October 30, 2016
Very suspenseful and ominous. Gives an increasingly present feeling of insanity.
October 29, 2016
Relying on suspense and psychological tension rather than onscreen action to deliver the chills, The Blair Witch Project kicked off horror's unprecedented run of found-footage pictures, delivering a nerve-wracking campfire story in the bargain.
October 25, 2016
I was expecting this to be just "fine," and boy, I loved it.
½ October 24, 2016
One of the smartest and most frightening horror films. The blair witch project takes found footage style camera work and sends chills down our spines -- even if nothing is onscreen.
½ October 23, 2016
Wait! what happened? somebody hold the damn camera still!
October 22, 2016
Not many people seem to realize that this was the first found footage film ever and that it was basically as improvised as a feature film could get. Very original and provides feelings of tense mystery.
½ October 18, 2016
"The Blair Witch Project" es un a película de terror de bajísimo presupuesto que se aprovecha del miedo a la oscuridad presente en todos nosotros y que presenta uno de los mejores finales en la historia del cine del género. Evite la segunda parte a toda costa.
October 14, 2016
This is still the only film I have ever seen that frightened me enough to have trouble sleeping the first time I saw it. To me, the power of one's own imagination far outweighs the usual cinematic translation of horror into buckets of blood and guts.
October 13, 2016
"The Blair Witch Project" is an unique horror film that, for better of for worse, started one of the biggest trends in horror, found footage. It builds up tension and has a decent payoff to make up for some not-so-scary moments though out the film. It's still a must-see for anyone that calls themselves a horror fan because it revolutionized the genre for many years to come.
½ October 11, 2016
Finally saw the movie, and was disappointing. Probably was good at the time because of the new concept of found footage movie
October 4, 2016
Ahora ni al Yunque pienso ir ð???
½ September 30, 2016
This film terrified me when I was younger. I believe it is the ultimate conclusion to what Spielberg tried to do with Jaws. What we imagine will be scarier than what they can show us. That being said, it's not for everyone. Less scares and more an overwhelming sense of dread.
September 29, 2016
The Blair Witch Project is an essential film for the horror genre and its impact has stood the test of time as still being one of the scariest films I've ever seen. This film was MASSIVELY successful upon release, bringing the found footage genre to the mainstream, as well as convincing a large portion of the audience that the footage was REAL and that these three filmmakers had actually died. The film is about a documentary crew who venture into the Black Hills Forest to debunk the myth of the local "Blair Witch", and as we know with any horror film involving teens in the woods; it doesn't go well for them. This film is special for many reasons, mainly the realistic approach to the camera-work and of course, the three central actors Joshua Leonard, Michael C. Williams, and Heather Donahue who bring an unparalleled sense of realism to their performances. The actors were given general outlines of where to go, but almost everything they encountered was random to them, so much of their reactions are real, which is just brilliant filmmaking! Without question, the scariest part of this movie is the ending and still, every time I revisit it, as soon as they enter that house, I'm holding my breath until the iconic final shot. It's definitely not as flashy as most modern horror films today, but its subtle approach and iconic scares still really work to this day, as long as you have the patience for it. The Blair Witch Project changed movies forever and holds an indelible mark in the annals of horror cinema that will likely never be topped and I can't recommend it enough for true horror fans!
September 29, 2016
Un gran ejemplo de cómo hacer mucho con poco
September 24, 2016
Sure it was original for its time, but it introduced a forgettable genre of horror while being forgettable itself
½ September 23, 2016
Deemed a classic but quite frankly repetitive and boring from time to time. Awful ending as well.
½ September 22, 2016
I wont deny this movie was revolutionary for the horror genre, but that doesnt stop it from being awful trash.
September 22, 2016
It may take a while, but this movie is actually really scary, if you have the patience to watch teens argue for an hour.
September 21, 2016
Suspenseful and groundbreaking; the style works masterfully, even if the ending leaves you hanging.