Blame Reviews

• May 03, 2021

I really liked this film. Very well-made, well-written and well-acted. Quinn Shepherd was FANTASTIC (and is UNSPEAKABLY Beautiful), and I guess it's a testament to how good Nadia Alexander is in her role that I REALLY *HATED* her character in this (as you're SUPPOSED to)! Melissa is a COMPLETE, INTERSTELLAR B*TCH to Abigail, right from the jump, and her unrelenting meanness & cruelty towards Abigail made it hard for me to finish the movie sometimes (in fact, I STOPPED watching it SEVERAL times, as I just couldn't take watching her unbelievable cruelty. I just said "Screw this. I can't watch any more of this b*tch"). I found myself wishing awful things upon her: like maybe a plane might fall out of the sky on her house, or she might get ripped apart by a pack of Pit Bulls, or she might get jumped & beaten to a bloody pulp by a bunch of gang girls, or that she might accidentally be hacked to bits by a chainsaw... She was THAT evil! And I guess that is to say she did an awesome job! When an actress can make you feel something THAT visceral, she's doing something right! They say, in filmmaking, that even the villains are supposed to have SOME redeemable qualities, though, so we can sympathize with them somewhat. The only thing Melissa had going for her was her Hotness. But this was largely undercut by her incredible b*tchiness. Audiences may have a hard time wanting to watch her onscreen, because there's just ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to like about her, or have any compassion for (Personally, I just wanted her DEAD). So, I guess, if this film has a flaw, it could be that the character of Melissa was played TOO well by Nadia Alexander. That's a dubious criticism, to be sure, but I might have been able to make it through the movie a bit better had I been able to sympathize with Melissa even a LITTLE bit. Still loved the movie, though. Will definitely watch it again.

• Nov 12, 2020

I seriously expected more thrills out of this one The actresses are very good though and Chris Messina is spot-on as this teacher Two students are caught up in a love triangle with their teacher but the emotions keep getting toyed with and tensions continue to rise We also understand towards the end why one of them is jealous with rage If something is done wrong where do we place the blame? Is it fair to point the finger at others or ourselves? This takes a lot of elements from the play The Crucible which acts as a nice parallel It just would've been nice for the movie to have more thrills and melodrama cause I think for most viewers this premise might feel very stretched out But ‘Blame' does make a situation like this quite life-like

• Aug 22, 2020

I really don't understand movies like this. They are slow developing, but they keep you hooked with the expectation that s*** is going to hit the fan at some point, but then, it just never happens. The movie ends with no resolutions and no climax. So a rating of "meh, it passed the time" has never been more accurate.

• Aug 09, 2020

I could not say I was glued to my seat but I like that I totally didn’t see why the Melissa character was so devoid of self respect in everything she said and did and in the clothes she wore. I like that the popular cheerleader girl, as it turns out, is as much in need of psychiatric help as the social outcast. Nadia Alexander’s final speech when she talks about wanting to be treated like she matters was so powerful and so weird because most of the movie I strongly disliked her. I agree that there are too many loose ends to provide a fully satisfying ending. I don’t think the allusions to The Crucible were very helpful to the story. But I really like the exploration of why girls are so mean to each other. I wished I could’ve known more about what happens to the girls other than the Melissa character. I wanted them to become empowered. I wanted the boys to show some small degree of regret for the careless way they treated the girls. There are some great pieces here. It just hasn’t quite come together. And it really bothered me that the teacher takes advantage of the student and we never see what if any consequences come of it.

• Jul 17, 2020

This film has so many layers! This is not merely a High School drama, it is fun, dangerous, a little sexy, and very moving. I watched it several times and can't get it out of my head! The ending comes at you like a snake in the grass, unexpected and shocking. Shephard has created a great film! I recommend this film to everyone I know. Watch it right now!!!

• May 10, 2020

Spoiler alert! This film was a whole lot of buildup to nothing. It started off strong, but the climax of the movie was also the end, leaving you feeling disappointed and like you wasted your time and emotional investment in the story. I think it was a failed attempt at leaving the conclusion open to interpretation, but instead felt like the audience was abruptly cut off, if that makes sense.

• Apr 26, 2020

Shepard's role in making this film is undeniably impressive, however it moved at a sluggish pace and despite an intention to portray a lifelike scenario, I found many of the plot points difficult to take seriously.

• ryan
    Apr 15, 2020

it doesn't make sense I feel like I just watched 1 hour and 39 minutes of nothing. it wasn't explained what happened in the end and nothing added up. don't waste your time. its horrible

• Dec 14, 2019

So this how women want to be remembered - conniving, manipulative, seductress, vengeful...was there NO other story Quinn Shepard could have thought of and written as a first time director/screenwriter than about this bespoke commonplace parody of the real or actual thing? Are there no other great/nice stories to be told about females/women than these sex-infused monikers masquerading as movies? What has this film done other than aid/encourage/applaud sexual harassments, assaults, rape, 'taboo relationships'...this is what women are only good for - sex?!? This is what they do with their chance at those leadership directorial/screen player roles they so fight voraciously for - just add more vitriol to their gender problems as though being "Victims Forever" is a thing or badge of honor! The most shameful film I have ever encountered!

• Mar 25, 2019

This is a wonderful movie that explores the intrinsic human need to search for connection and desire, it tests boundaries between unlikely relationships and exposes human flaws. Loved it!