Blankman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blankman Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
Overly crass in unnecessary places, costuming hurt my eyes, good in it's mimicry of the old Batman TV series, some good moments of humor, inventive ideas but I don't see myself watching it again.
October 4, 2016
It's so wacky that it's memorable and you can't help, but laugh at Damon Wayans as he gives his all.
½ August 25, 2016
Not a terrible super hero movie spoof. Wayans was ridiculous.
½ July 21, 2016
Very underrated. One of the best superhero movies
½ January 31, 2016
Blankman is a bad B-list superhero comedy..... But that's the point! If you're a B-list fan searching RT for a "diamond in the rough", look no further!

If you are into bad B-list (or worse) movies, this is definitely a must-see! Damon Wayans and David Allan Grier deliver wonderful performances despite the low budget and B-list rating, and Robin Givens is truly an underrated actress.

The movie is quite enjoyable for us B-list fans, and truly deserves a much higher rating than its 13% RT rating....
½ January 27, 2016
Blankman ne mérite probablement pas qu'on s'en rappelle vu à quel point le film de Mike Binder est aujourd'hui affreusement daté. Mais la performance de Damon Wayans et David Alan Grier (qui ont une alchimie incroyable ensemble) vaut son pesant de cacahuètes, avec des gags vraiment efficaces, d'autres très faciles dans la grande tradition des frères Wayans et des seconds rôles comme Robin Givens ou Jon Polito qui rentrent parfaitement dans l'ensemble et ne font pas trop d'ombre aux deux acteurs principaux. Un peu lent dans sa deuxième partie malgré ses hommages répétés au Batman d'Adam West, Blankman reste un divertissement agréable et valable une fois. A revoir, par contre...
November 23, 2014
Blankman definitely tickled my funny bone. Probably one of the greatest comedys of 1994, and still holds up today. To date probably the best comedy movie you could see.
November 23, 2014
This film is a cinematic masterpiece. Not only is the script well crafted, but the acting was second to none. Waynes brings the viewers emotiongs full circle with a perfect balance of Happiness, sadness, stress, relief, and elation.
October 19, 2014
Hilarious... another great 90's comedy.
July 29, 2014
Best Damon wayans film!!!!!
½ June 27, 2014
It's not a total mess of movie, and does have some genuinely funny moments. Overall, it's a missed opportunity.
June 21, 2014
cheese acting but great meaning
May 30, 2014
2008's The Dark Knight Is My Second Favorite Film Of All Time.
September 9, 2013
Classic 90's Comedy! Great chemistry between Damon Wayans and David Alan-Grier.
April 21, 2013
One of my favorites.
½ April 18, 2013
i thought it was very funny.
March 7, 2013
"Darryl" (Damon Williams) and "Kevin" (David Allen Grier) are brothers from Chicago who were raised by their grandmother (the late Lynne Thigpen). The boys care more about the classic live-action television series, "Batman" than politics like their grandmother.

As they grew up, "Kevin" becomes a cameraman for WWHY-TV who can easily get s date on Friday night. While "Darryl" becomes a nerdy inventor-wannabe who has never been with a woman.

Then the unthinkable happens. "Darryl" and "Kevin's" grandmother is murdered by some assailants who barge into the campaign office of a top candidate for mayor. This eventually gives "Darryl" the idea to become a masked superhero like "Batman" using his inventions that are made from home appliances.

Naming himself "Blankman", "Darryl" gets the attention of not only the criminal element who are trying to purchase the newly elected mayor, who was suppored by "Darryl" and "Kevin's" grandmother, and the "Lois Lane"-type television reporter, "Kimberly Jonz" (Robin Givens), who catches the eye of "Kevin," but has eyes for "Blankman".

Yet another not-so-great recommendation from Yahoo Movies Personalized Recommendations. However, this one has its moments.

The first problem is the comedy. Too few jokes produce a chuckle. In fact, none of the jokes produce a good laugh. Another problem is that the supporting cast is not well written, and the script is predictable beyond words.

When it comes to predictability, you just knew that the grandmother was going to be killed near the beginning of the movie just seconds before it happened. You also knew that the lead female role, which was not well written if you ask me, would fall head over heels for "Blankman" instead of "Kevin" even before they had their first face-to-face meeting in the film.

One thing that makes the movie worth seeing, other than Williams and Grier, are the inventions created by "Darryl" for his alter-ego. If you laughed at "Data's" "Jaws of Life" in "The Goonies", then the ones in this movie should make you laugh as well.

Another problem with this film is the chemistry of the cast. To me, most of the cast were just there to collect a check and did very little to make the relationships of the characters believable. The strongest chemistry was between Williams, Grier and Givens. Personally, I wanted to see "Kevin" and "Kimberly" get together more than "Robin" and "Darryl"/"Blankman". I think that the blooming romance between "Kimbnerly" and "Blankman" was poorly written in fact, as I felt no chemistry between the two characters.

If you ask me, don't even rent this one. Wait until it comes on HBO or another movie channel. Then wait for a rainy day when there is nothing else on television.
½ February 11, 2013
Say goodbye, to Other Guy.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
September 17, 2012
Loved this! Damon Wayans needs to make a comeback. The Robot, J5, was the best thing in the movie.