Blankman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blankman Reviews

September 3, 2012
Damon Wayans was one of the earliest comic influences to me and I thought he was purely hilarious. With all that being said, this film gets an average review to the pure fact that it was stupid. I like the idea that a small time nerd could make tools out of anything and he does right to take out some criminals in his corrupt city but the acting of Damon in this film was just dumb and I never like David Alan Grier. So Damon Wayans gets a thumbs up from me, but the movie does not.
August 21, 2012
Some annoyance here and there from Damon Wayans, but you can see kick ass really took from this. They just went grittier and lost the cheese. I thought Wayans and Grier were a pretty funny duo, and they've proved it on many occasions. A lot of good superhero references in it as well (Blankman delivering the baby, and bringing it up the elevator- Penguin in Batman Returns).
August 17, 2012
Damon Wayans' childish personality and a few of '60s Batman references is more or less enough to save the film of humiliation.
July 18, 2012
pretty naff with only a couple of gags that raised a smile. Its childish stuff but i even think kids will think wtf is this crap. i know damon wayans wrote all this stuff but he's really miss-cast in the lead the role just doesnt suit him,Jason alexanda is great as the boss though so over the top.the music is so 90's and bad!!
May 28, 2012
damon wayans cuando empezo
½ May 13, 2012
One of the worst attempts at a superhero movie ever.
April 19, 2012
It was pretty good.Awesome movie.
½ April 14, 2012
Talk about a real freakin dud of a movie.
April 10, 2012
loved this movie as a kid. wouldn't mind getting a hold of a copy.
March 31, 2012
Love Damon Wayans, but this was terrible.
½ February 6, 2012
Blankman plays it light and silly but not so broadly that the movie collapses into chaos.
February 3, 2012
Watch it with friends if you can stand the obsurdness.
November 23, 2011
It wasn't all that bad.
October 22, 2011
woww is very funny damon rocks
½ October 1, 2011
*Films Owned On DVD*

I don't know if I said this already on here or not, but I'm more of a movie collector rather than one who strictly buys the best. So it shouldn't surprise you that I happen to own this on DVD. Hey, it was only 5 bucks at FYE so why not? I've always had a soft spot for this movie because it's a fun superhero parody and I think the jokes are also quite witty as well. Not the best comedy there is, but it sure is a lot of fun.
½ August 28, 2011
Although the concept has been done before on TV and in movies, I feel Blankman uses the concept well. But it's not necessarily a good movie. It's entertaining yes, but in the way of it's so bad it's good. The comedy may only get a small chuckle out of you at the most, but I would recommend it for hardcore superhero fans who need to make fun of something at the water cooler the next day.
½ July 30, 2011
An unfortunately unfunny, unlikable, uninteresting, uninspiring, unbelievable bad film that makes me sad due to the talent behind the camera.
½ June 13, 2011
It's not very good, but damn Damon Wayans is funny as is David Alan Grier. Seems like it would have been better in small bits on In Living Color rather than a full length movie.
½ March 3, 2011
im sorry this was crap
½ January 14, 2011
It was funny & full of classic catch phrases. Nothing special but good to watch. Grade: B-