Bleeders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bleeders Reviews

May 23, 2014
Best Rutger Hauer movie ever!
cigaretteburns
February 13, 2014
a bunch of people on a creepy island being eaten by small, crippled, deformed midgets that look like ball sacks. so much win!
½ January 9, 2014
It may have been released in '97, but it looks like it was made back in '77.
½ January 30, 2012
Bleeders if another film that came out with Jack Frost and Uncle Sam sporting a very cool holographic cover. This one has been panned by the few souls to come across it, but I have to defend the movie. It really was pretty interesting and very twisted. I certainly think it's worth the watch for the right type of viewer. However you MUST be a fan of B horror.
½ October 12, 2010
leaves you feeling dirty
½ September 29, 2010
terribly LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. this movie is about insest...:s u get to see the homogoblin maybe 30 mins throughout the movie... cover looks sweet... but just skip it..
½ July 15, 2009
Bleeders is a very interesting B-Movie. It seems to be universally hated, but I found it to be a quite high-quality affair. The acting was all fine in my opinion, often bordering on dry parody. It's obvious that science took a back seat but with the overall dark humour I think that can be expected. After all this is a film where local hotel doubles as the local funeral home. The Bleeders themselves are hideously brilliant creations. I haven't been freaked out by cinematic monsters for quite some time, but Bleeders managed it. It was something in their design and movement, which was both unsettlingly real and also amateurish, like these freaks would be in the flesh. It avoided cheap scare tactics and also didn't shy away from some braver plot twists. I can see why people don't like it, but not why they think it's bad.
July 12, 2009
The plot and the idea is pretty interesting, but the acting feels wooden and the film just isn't scary. I love HP Lovecraft, but this just didn't work.
½ September 6, 2008
When you watch a lot of bad movies you expect to wade knee deep in shit. Well, I was out of my depth with this one. Felt and looked as if Lifetime had made a low budget horror film.
August 27, 2008
I remember this had one of the coolest boxes/covers. There was blood in the box... the movie itself, was oh so terribly LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. I had a friend come over to my house one time just to tell me how lame this movie he watched was - Bleeders..
July 24, 2008
Inbred mutant midget crawly things! Plus the VHS had a badass bleeding box.
June 22, 2008
gets one star for kristin lehman in an interesting sex scene. yes, i am a pervert. gets another star for the underground monsters!
May 4, 2008
I really liked this, (also known as Hemoglobin) as I love Dan O'Bannon's writing and directing, although as you can see...it isn't for everyone. I found it to be very effective in its chilling atmos...
April 9, 2008
Well they sure are ugly.
½ March 13, 2008
I was really excited to see this movie because I love Roy Dupuis... after seeing it I now feel like I've lost about 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. It was crap and really stupid... sigh.
½ March 11, 2008
wow, this sucked big time! avoid at all costs! or see it if you like to laugh at bad movies.
½ February 14, 2008
There are movies that suck, and then, there is this. If you take all the bad things of all the worse movies and add those to having to listen to and look at Rosie O'Donnel and Whoopi all day, you get this grotesques yak of a film about incest and killer deformed midgets. On a side note, it has Rutger Hauer, but he is revolting.
February 14, 2008
This is not a great film, but it is an infinitely better adaptation of H.P.Lovecraft's "The Lurking Fear" than the film which stole that name. It also gets extra points for letting Rutger Hauer play drunk-- Hup Holland!
February 3, 2008
I cannot in good conscience call this movie anything but awful. The concept, though disgusting, is slightly intriguing. However, the story is so weak that I fail to remember anything about this movie except trying to imagine to smell of formaldehyde.