Blinded by the Light Reviews

• Jun 15, 2020

Just a very average movie. Not worth 2 hrs of valuable time.

Just a very average movie. Not worth 2 hrs of valuable time.

• Jun 14, 2020

I admire everything this film tries to say and the personal story behind it, but it basically relies on familiar arcs and beats of the coming-of-age "finding your own way" genre to move you. Viveik Kalra delivers an emotional monologue at the end but other than that, it's quite phoney.

• Jun 02, 2020

An absolutely wonderful feel-good film. Couldn't stop smiling. A must see!

An absolutely wonderful feel-good film. Couldn't stop smiling. A must see!

• Jun 02, 2020

Hubby and Wife quarantine theatre brings us 'Blinded by the Light', an utterly charming film that worships the words of Bruce Springsteen and what can become when you listen to his music. Ok, that may be a little strong, but it's a fun flick with a minimalistic plot that works as the music of Springsteen takes center stage. It's hard to imagine any fans of 'The Boss' leaving unsatisfied. For non-fans your mileage will vary based on whether you like a couple gimmicks that of course are Springsteen related. Hubby: 7.7/Wife: 8.5 Average 8.1/10

• May 23, 2020

Starts slow but picked up. Loved it by the end.

Starts slow but picked up. Loved it by the end.

• May 22, 2020

I loved this movie it captures love of music and discovering yourself through music. The Pakistani youths relatability to the music of Brice Springsteen captures the universal capacity of music & its meaning. The sweetness of the story does not distract from the core conflict of the immigrant struggle but affirms the hope of emigration. It is saccharine sweet but the resolutions fits the story of hope and struggle.

• May 20, 2020

please, please, please can I have that hour back .....

please, please, please can I have that hour back .....

• May 14, 2020

I really forgot how good feel good movies can be. this movie really shows how committed some people are to there favourite artist. blinded by the light can really get you in to bruce Springsteen. I all so like how The start and the end are connected. you have to watch It! This movie is great!

• May 09, 2020

Blinded by the Light is lighthearted and comforting at times, and heart-wrenching at others. This whimsical take on a coming-of-age film with a dose of The Boss will please any Bruce Springsteen fan. If you are not a fan of The Boss, there is still something here for you because this film contains more than just sing-alongs. The relationships that 16-year old Javed has with writing, Bruce, and his father really tear your attention into many directions, but this film does so in such a skillful way so that your heart is fulfilled by the end. A predictable film? Yes. Is there depth that is worth looking into? Most certainly. This film will inspire anyone to go out and pursue a passion that they have been putting on the back burner for years. Do yourself a favor and check out this film the next time you sit down for a movie night with friends or the family - remember to print out the Springsteen lyrics and keep a pack of tissues by your sides, you will need it.

• May 04, 2020

This movie was warming and quite fun and well acted surprisingly. Not only great tunes by the Boss but as well so many good hits I grew up with during the 80's. Nice story line too with the overbearing father and a son who just wanted his talents to be seen and heard. A must see and a solid 8.5 out of 10 in my books! Enjoy!