Blinded by the Light Reviews

• May 30, 2021

I felt I was watching two different movies, one was a musical and the other one was a drama. Which I enjoyed (the drama). Is good, just good.

• May 07, 2021

Wonderful, heart warming, sad funny happy... all the feels... and a great soundtrack... The Boss will also be the boss!

• May 02, 2021

Man i lover this film. What a beautiful and emotional story. I can totally relate to this film. I was born to a very conservative family. Not so strict but cultural and conservative. But I was born in Norway and grew up with Norwegian culture. That felt like me more then my own culture. That freedom, nice and friendly people, no strict rules and to fully love your life. But now my parents are used to my liberal culture. And supports me just like the movie

• May 01, 2021

This is a wonderful movie! I've watched it twice now, and it was just as good the second time around. The movie does an amazing job, showing Javed's dilemma of being caught between two cultures and his struggle to find himself. The acting is great and so is the soundtrack. I really just loved everything about it.

• Mar 26, 2021

Great feel good film mapping out the life of a likable Pakistani lad growing up in Luton. Well worth watching.

• Mar 17, 2021

A feel good movie with plenty of emotion. It's a story well told in lots of places however is worthy of a watch. The lead actor is excellent with a few cameos such as Marcus Brigstocke!

• Mar 16, 2021

I will readily admit that I know nothing about Bruce Springsteen or his impact on popular culture, but I struggled through this one. A too-often ignored view into the plight of Pakistani immigrants in 1980s England in dealing with racism sort of devolved into an uninspiring singalong. Kalra felt properly wooden at points despite a decent overall performance, though the script did him absolutely no favours. His character goes from hopeless and awkward immediately to some kind of supremely confident machine. Whichever way you look at it for me, random musical sequences do not do it. "It" being providing entertainment without inciting the viewer (me) to gouge out my eyes with the nearest readily available instrument. All of the smiling gets old after a while, lads. The themes are rammed down the audience's throat in a classic climactic monologue that solves all of the conflicts in a single stretch. Huzzah! Some of the comedy saved this film somewhat, while the central story was fairly charming, if extremely familiar ("poor boy is poor, but talented, then has talent discovered, then gets girlfriend, then has conflict related to being poor or must choose between family and future, then wins by getting woman, future, and family"). Cannot really rate this very highly, taking all into account.

• Jan 25, 2021

I was never a big Bruce fan, but this movie was awesome, such a happy movie mixed in with soulful times.

• Jan 19, 2021

I loved this movie. I'm a similar age to the author and grew up in years the film covered. For me the movie was a trip down memory lane but unlike the saccharine 80's easter eggs offered by Ernest Kline in Ready Player One I was prompted to remember some hard truths of the time. The poverty, and racial tensions depicted were not an easy watch. However, it's feel good vibe and spirit of hope will stay with you with you long after the closing credits have rolled.

• Jan 17, 2021

If your not Pakistani or British or a Springsteen you'll have a hard time getting into this movie.