Blitz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blitz Reviews

October 15, 2016
"Blitz" is a very pleasant watch, rewarding enough despite being occasionally uneven. Statham is in his element, shooting quotable line after quotable line with his trademark menacing coolness, opposite delicious turns by Considine and Gillen. The script is rather familiar and far from watertight and is characterized by an unfortunate dip in intensity during the final act yet the resolution is satisfying enough and succeeds in leaving a sweet aftertaste of this mostly solid yet minor thriller.
½ August 25, 2016
"Blitz" has all of the action and masculinity that you expect from a Jason Statham film. Unfortunately, "Blitz" also has the acting quality that you expect from a Jason Statham film. The story is pretty standard as the cops try to catch a cop-killer before he kills any more cops. Naturally, it centers around an unlikely pair of cops that team up to solve the mystery and a clever killer who wins the game of cat and mouse for the majority of the film. The end offers a decent resolution but there are few moments of originality. Moreover, the decent action sequences are not worth the constant stream of profanity and mediocre acting. "Blitz" has plenty of adrenaline but when it comes to entertainment value, it proves to be tough to watch as the risk is greater than the reward.
½ August 12, 2016
Worst story I've seen in a while!! Both parties were bad, A serial killer seeking revenge against corrupt police, you choose who's good enough!!
½ August 8, 2016
Generic Statham film. I found it hard to hear the dialogue.
July 27, 2016
Not one of Stathams best to be honest.
Blitz is an underwhelming London cops and robbers "story" with story being the definitive word.
It's just so slow and basic, the film hardly starts before you're plunged right into it and within half an hour you know who the killer is. The only problem is that nobody in the film does despite it being so obvious.
The whole story is just dire..
½ May 10, 2016
To the person who reckoned they needed subtitles to watch this film - is English your second language!!!!
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Enjoyed it way more than I was expected to, It's a typical Statham film, No real action but he does beat a few people up and kill someone, but it's no action film, It's a clever crime film with a nice clever ending that I enjoyed.
February 2, 2016
Not terrible but not great.
½ December 29, 2015
Standard Statham cop movie, a bit stupid violent movie made for UK audiences ... acting good, directing good, but story predictable and stupid.
½ November 2, 2015
Going into this movie, one should not expect a deep story line or complex plot. In reality both are very simple. One should, however, expect to fall in love with a few characters and empathize with the others. This film is pure, unadulterated fun and is worth the watch for any Statham fan.
October 8, 2015
All of the thick accents and slang being tossed around makes my head hurt.
August 31, 2015
Jason Statham does what Statham does best in this police thriller where a violent and flawed detective is tasked with catching a cop killer. For its premise the film plays out as a small movie boasting top talent perhaps indulging in an independent movie between bigger budget productions but with only Pady Considine really coming through with any credit despite a poorly written and under developed character. The film has its moments but it fails to ever really hook you in and unfortunately holds a televisual feel as opposed to a cinematic one. For the short running time there is also far too much going on and when the credits roll there are still too many threads left loose. Statham has done worse but he's also done a hell of a lot better.
July 13, 2015
not the usual Statham movie. Really like it.
½ July 13, 2015
Netflix's description of this film describes Statham's character as someone with anger issues. Yea, look, that pretty much describes every Jason Statham action film out there. If this guy didn't have some sort of anger issues, then he would not kick so much ass in all the films he's in. And this is referring to Statham's characters and not the man himself. He seems like he's a pretty cool dude to hang out with. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe he gives off. Anyway, this description is honestly kind of silly given the nature of the characters Jason Statham usually plays. On to this film. This was, surprisingly, more of a thriller than action film and it's not a half bad one at that. I mean it's predictable and formulaic as shit, but that's not something that, in a film that's made well and solidly, that's really gonna be much of an issue. And this film, at the very least, is a competently made thriller and it does have a good cast. Paddy Considine is always good as is Aidan Gillen. Zawe Ashton, who I had never seen before this film, is probably the one with the most to do, performance-wise, in the film and she also delivers the goods. Jason Statham is fairly solid here as well. So, as you can see, I cannot complain about the casting of the film one bit. Perhaps the scripting of the film did leave a lot to be desired. Outside of Zawe's character, none of them really have any depth. The only thing that Considine's character has going for him, despite Considine himself being quite good in the film, is that he's gay and he, I think, killed a pedophile. Statham's character has his anger issues. So, as you can see, the characters are as one-dimensional as they get. With that said, the film is still pretty interesting to follow. It might not be what you call good, due in part to the one-dimensional characters and predictable nature of its story, but I still enjoyed watching the film. It's pretty decent as a bit of wish-fulfillment vengeance stuff, clearly ending in a way that almost no real-life investigation ever would, but doing so in a satisfying fashion. With that said, I wouldn't call this a good movie, but I'd see it's a pretty decent thriller with some good performances and a good ending. Wouldn't exactly go out of my way to watch it, but it's a fairly decent little movie and it won't make you pull your hair out if you choose to watch it.
½ July 7, 2015
What should I say about Jason Statham? When he started he had some funny roles but nowadays he's a bit like a parody of himself...but maybe he is just doing his job. The movie itself is not really bad but of course it's not good either...
½ July 4, 2015
Blitz is a movie I thought i would enjoy but truthfully i could not even get through the first 1 hour of the movie. Its one of the most boring Jason Statham movies. Snore fest. Not suitable for the kiddies.
½ July 2, 2015
Overall a good film, the plot was not to complex and was right to the point. A film for Everyone who is a fan of action films.
June 13, 2015
While predictable, Blitz is enjoyable and doesn't have the standard feel attached to a Stathem film. I appreciated the absurd over the top antagonist and was drawn in hoping he would be caught. It may be "tired" and it'll be "done again" but the simple formula of the film works.
May 10, 2015
Fun popcorn beat 'em up flick. The soundtrack, cinematography and slick fight choreography makes Blitz one of the few Statham films worth your time.
February 16, 2015
Blitz offers nothing revolutionary to the Jason Statham cannon, but does provide a small scale cop thriller with its fair share of action.