Dave Chappelle's Block Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dave Chappelle's Block Party Reviews

September 30, 2012
Seems like it was a completely awesome event, unfortunately I'm just watching the movie about it.
July 15, 2012
The true hip-hop lovers movie... Hands down.
½ July 12, 2012
A hit-or-miss: a miss for me. You won't find Chappelle's signature style here, but a collection of awesome dialogues with the signature celebrities of the era. Stay for the humor in the back-and-forths, but I didn't care much for it.
½ June 20, 2012
Watching it was absolutely like going to a great party.
½ June 18, 2012
never should of been made.
May 21, 2012
I was not expecting to enjoy this at all. At the time I saw it I wasn't a HUGE fan of Dave Chappelle, having only seen a few episodes of his show. Also, I could care less about hip-hop. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. It's one of the best documentaries I've seen and I gained a huge amount of respect for the hip hop music industry AND Mr. Dave Chappelle...I'm now a huge fan of both.

(and it was directed by Michel Gondry! No wonder I enjoyed it so much!)
May 15, 2012
Film about a real and Crazy ad hoc "Block Party" in Brooklyn. But this one has some real headliners, The Fuggees, Mos Def and Kanye West. Some rough but catchy tunes to boot, unusual to say the least.
May 6, 2012
Dave seems to be a lot deeper then just comedy. I actually liked the feeling i got from this film.
April 25, 2012
surprisingly good, i liked half the performers and i generally dont like rap/hip hop. dave has good taste in music.
½ April 22, 2012
it was more of a documentary than a movie but the music was good and it is a concert i would deifnatly go to
April 14, 2012
the music was great.
April 2, 2012
LOL thats all i can say!
April 2, 2012
Non seulement Chappelle est hilarant, mais en plus il y a du gros son. C'est beau, humain, chaleureux... bref le rem├Ęde anti-crise absolu. Un feel-good docu comme on en fait rarement.
February 13, 2012
More documentary with music than comedy; watchable and well-made.
December 28, 2011
obviously a kind of humour and isn't geared towards me but funny is funny.
November 13, 2011
I may be a victim to bias on this film, but DCBP is the best example of how to make a concert film hip, smart and endearing all to the tune of the best hip-hop around.
July 24, 2011
Dave Chappelle put together a pretty spectacular Brooklyn block party in 2004, and awesome director Michel Gondry was there to capture it.
½ July 15, 2011
It's a great celebration and watching the Fugees coming back together for one more time had me all emotional..
½ June 17, 2011
Blend The Non-Stop Comedy Of Dave Chappelle, Some Generosity toward a lucky few in a small town Ohio community and a Boatload Of The Most Talented MC's in Hip-Hop, and You have Dave Chappelles Block Party, a Once in a lifetime event that has no choice but to be epic. From Kanye West Entering the Concert as a Marching band Blasts His Song "Jesus Walks" to The Finish With The Reunited Fugees and Lauryn Hill Sending the Rain soaked crowd home with a lifetime of memories. Maybe it's a good thing that Chappelle Ran To Africa, If not we probably wouldnt appreciate him as much.
May 28, 2011
I honestly thought I wasn't going to see this, but i did and I'm actually really glad i did. If you're going to see this for Dave Chappelle, its not like going to see "Half baked" or an episode of "Chappelle Show", but if you want to watch an awesome hip hop concert than this one's for you. Great fun and great music. One of the best of 2004.