Blood Beast Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Beast Terror Reviews

½ June 13, 2014
You ask silly questions you get silly answers.

A genetic engineer running tests on moths discovers a serum that creates a creature that is a "death moth" that can transform into a beautiful woman. The creature escapes the lab and lands in a small town. The scientist tracks the creature's behaviors as it kills the local town's people. Can the scientist stop the creature or will the creature take down the people and scientist?

"This man has been strangled. How did you get this body from the morgue?"
"It didn't exactly make it to the morgue."

Vernon Sewell, director of Ghost Ship, House of Mystery, The Black Widow, The Jack of Diamonds, Terror Ship, and Home and Away, delivers Blood Beast Terror. The storyline for this picture is very poor, even for a creature horror flick. The action scenes are scarce and the plot is fairly dry and boring. The acting is just okay and the cast includes Peter Cushing, Robert Flemying, Wanda Ventham, and John Paul.

"It's virtually drained of blood. No normal wound would do that."

I grabbed this off Netflix because it starred the legend, Peter Cushing. This was a below average horror picture and even a very average performance from him. These femme fatal movies were popular from this era and generally pretty bad (outside of The Wicker Man). Overall, I recommend skipping this picture.

"We consider these attacks to be by some kind of wild animal."

Grade: D
October 27, 2012
great opening gothic music and visuals.panned by many i thoroughly enjoy this film every time i see it.get the blu ray, looks great.
September 27, 2012
Fairly pedestrian, worthy horror in the Hammer style with Peter Cushing giving another splendid performance, supported by Robert Flemyng, Glynn Edwards and Roy Hudd as a morgue attendant with a penchant for meat pie and pickled onions. The story is much like The Reptile.
July 1, 2011
Bears all the trademarks of 50's-early 70's horror, but nothing beyond that. Only recommended if you're a huge fan of Peter Cushing.
July 6, 2009
Aka The Vampire Beast/The Vampire-Beast Craves Blood/Deathshead Vampire. As Peter Cushing was in this film, I had high expectations but I later found out he felt it was the worst movie he ever made! Cushing plays a nineteenth century police inspector investigating a series of bizarre deaths. My husband Paul has a phobia about moths, but I don't think even he would be frightened by the giant blood-sucking moths in this film!
December 22, 2008
This film doesn't even have camp, and it is not funny in the least. I think it is even worse than Ed Wood's Plan 9. At least you can get a laugh from watching that. This film drags on and on, has no point, nor a decent ending. Waste of time. There is nothing scary about a giant blood thirsty moth...
½ August 3, 2008
As bad as it gets. Brilliant.
June 11, 2008
For Peter Cushing's self professed worst film, it does have a lot of cult appeal. To be fair though he was probably right, it is not that engaging.
May 28, 2008
Very silly monster movie, gotta love a killer butterfly. When did Moths start drinking blood? Still the acting is okay, and so much more fun than Saw.
½ April 22, 2008
Naff. Dont waste ur time.
December 10, 2007
Cushing said it was the worst movie he made, but I disagree (I'm looking at you, Incense of the Damned)

Crap, but in a good way. Any film which contains a giant blood sucking moth AND has flaming finale can't be all bad.
December 6, 2007
I've seen this movie on italian tv on original language and underscore in italian. Yes, the monster looks funny, but the story has some good moment. It can scare. It takes all the classic points you need to create a good horror movie. You can be involved in the story and feel part of it. Cushing is great, always.
½ November 26, 2007
Peter Cushing and a killer mothman. Good times.
November 1, 2007
Not interested. In general I don't like horror movies.
August 26, 2007
Probably the worst horror ever made! Everyone should see this, because it's absolutely hilarious!
When I saw the giant moth that is the blood beast terror I at first thought it was supposed to be a
man dressed up in a costume about go to a party and I almost exploded with laughter when I realised that this was monster I had waited to see for the whole film.
July 12, 2007
how could a movie with the title: Blood Beast Terror be rated G?
July 9, 2007
Peter Cushing...brilliant!
February 17, 2007
Cushing is said to have believed The Blood Beast Terror to be his least-favourite horror film outing. While the majority of the cast put in solid performances, it is easy to empathise with him. The story for example, albeit with the addition of a blood-sucking moth, is almost as old as the genre itself. Laughably worse though is the giant moth. Precious little of the beast is seen until the end of the film - a mercy as it turns out, so unconvincing is the costume. The Blood Beast Terror, with its less-than-ideal standing in British horror film history, is still an interesting example of how other low-budget production companies tried to copy the winning Hammer horror formula.