Blood Night (Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Night (Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet) Reviews

½ November 6, 2015
There's some gore, some giggles and a whole lot of gratuitous nudity, which I can appreciate, but these aren't enough things to make a movie *good*.
½ February 22, 2015
Amazing how little people working on this film cared about this film and it showed.
½ September 25, 2014
Some intense scenes in the beginning. Has an 80s horror movie feel. Too much sex scenes. A few bloody scenes are obviously fake.
August 9, 2014
highly disappointing! yeah it is a definite b-movie but i happen to like the occassional b-movie so that didnt bother me but the key to a good horror movie is has to have a plot that keeps you invested and this one just didnt. as the movie went on i just grew bored and ultimately could care less about any of the characters. also danielle harris seemed out of place here. she has been in much better horror movies and it was like she just shown up here to give the movie some name recognition :/ my advice if you like her like i do check her out in other horror movies and pass on blood night
July 6, 2014
This wasn't bad. The acting was awful, but the story and the gore were pretty good. Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to gore, but even this one had me grossed out!
½ July 30, 2013
Joder esto es llevar el síndrome premenstrual a otros niveles, a niveles gore y por si no fuera poco una mujer padeciendolo son dos madre e hija
½ July 5, 2013
I predicted everything that happened 10 minutes into this film, the twist and the end just failed because you already knew? Could've been way better! Danielle Harris was of course awesome as always!
½ June 27, 2013
Okay, this one was super-duper middle of the road as far as slasher/horror/ghost stories go, but it has a few memorable kills and seemed to mean well with what it was doing. That said, I do have issues with the idea that some small town somewhere would let their high schoolers run amuck one night a year ala Detroit's Devil's Night without just shutting them down once and for all, but I guess you have to suspend disbelief for this type of stuff.

Rental?
June 11, 2013
Poor and Stupid on almost every level.
½ May 31, 2013
The idea was interesting and I liked the premise. With heavy editing, a tighter script, and a meatier role for the amazing Mr. Moseley, this might have been a decent slasher. Instead, it was predictable and the plot fell flat. Danielle Harris was good, I must say.
½ May 26, 2013
Oh, low budget horror... I used to appreciate you. Props for the filmmakers hiring Bill Moseley and Danielle Harris, both of whom are the best in the cast but in very minor supporting roles. The rest of the cast is filled up with "teens" that don't particularly stand out from one another. There's a lot of blood in this, but low budget horror blood that does little to curdle your own blood. There's also a surprising amount of nudity to appeal to the "Boobies and Blood" crowd. The story is extremely basic run-of-the-mill slash up the teens fare. The script is poorly written, serving the film only passibly and not a matter of importance to the filmmakers who instead opt to focus on sex and death (uninspired too).
May 14, 2013
There is really nothing bad about this or really anything good about it.
April 3, 2013
Although not necessarily a completely awful movie, it fell victim to bad acting, an uninteresting and unoriginal story, and such a myriad of teen horror movie cliches it was a bit painful to watch. The gore was good, and it was definitely a bit creepy, but other than that, it's just another slasher flick.
January 27, 2013
A crap horror!Good to see Danielle Harris!
January 23, 2013
As usual going into things like this, I expected very little. Ehh, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. It seemed to me like they made a slasher movie just so they'd have a reason to show a few lame R-rated "sex" scenes and lots of boobies. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was already too short to begin with. I was mostly disturbed that the crazy chick looked so much like Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's not funny! Anyway, I actually thought this was suspense-filled fun with lots of gore and splatter. Extra half star for throwing a whole bucket of blood on a screaming chick. Oh ya.
October 2, 2012
This film is like the product of giving a large group of horny teenagers a shed load of booze, and asking them to make a horror movie. There's a lot of random naked flesh to begin with, plus a continuous stream of bad acting, terrible special effects, zero scares, and no storyline flow whatsoever - I imagine it would be a 10 year old boys dream to brag about seeing a film labelled the 'kick ass slasher of the year' with its sexually infused content and supposed gore (including the old string of sausages imitating intestines being torn out trick). Unfortunately, i have advanced beyond 10 years of age so didn't welcome it............well physically anyway! It's very difficult to remember who's who in this movie, as the cast just gets bigger and bigger as the house party forms, then they get struck off in awfully edited ways, and there's not really much else to read between the lines. The film Is attempting to focus upon the aftermath of a girl who killed her parents, went into mental hospital, got sexually abused, became pregnant, was told her baby died during labour, went on a killing spree, before then finally being shot dead as a result. May sound promising but the aftermath which is unfortunately 95% of this film, was nothing less than 100% amateurish and a complete waste of time. I think I would need to be absolutely sloshed to even consider giving this one and a half stars, but I'll have to give it some credit for entertaining me in a bad way!
September 2, 2012
I only watched this for two reasons: gory deaths and Danielle Harris. It delivers on both counts, period.*

*Pun intended.
August 17, 2012
It was overall a pretty good movie. Reminded me a lot of something like a female version of Michael Myers, but that became less noticeable throughout the film.
It was a pretty good slasher film, and since I love slasher films, I loved it.
½ August 13, 2012
A throwback/homage to classic slasher cinema, Blood Night opens brutally and satisfies throughout. The film particularly capitalizes on the genre's exploitative component by having the slasher/ghost/whatever being nude throughout the entire film. Not that I care about nudity, but it actually adds another revel of creepiness to the film . Bloody as hell and entertaining throughout, Blood Night is a must for fans of slasher films.
½ June 25, 2012
Horror B movie at its worst, almost laughable at times avoid at all costs!