Blood Alley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Alley Reviews

February 27, 2009
John Wayne and Lauren Bacall
February 13, 2009
Corny companion to the Sand Pebbles.
February 9, 2009
John Wayne + Lauren Bacall = a really good movie that I'm sure isn't on everyone's radar. Some of the stills from the movie were exceptional. Good story line and the good guys win in the end. Good chemistry from the leads. Good lines. Good movie.
January 11, 2009
Wayne is the dominant force in this rescue adventure story, which has more than a hint of anti-chinese communist propaganda about it. Bacall is reduced to a lowly second managing to look 20 years older than she actually was when she filmed it.
½ January 10, 2009
A real curio this, and one i think has a bit of an identity crisis - unsure if it's a drama or a comedy (but that may just be unintentional bad acting from 'The Duke'). I really love John Wayne films, and the added presence of Lauren Bacall would normally make this a must see, but i am unlikely to revisit this one anytime soon.
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
December 15, 2008
I love John Wayne, but this movie is a hopeless clunker. Very dull and very cheesy. The only thing that saves it from a dreaded half-star rating is the presence of the Duke.
deano
½ October 20, 2008
Enjoyable action-packed and escapism with John Wayne, Lauren Bacall and assorted Chinese escaping down river to Hong Kong.
September 23, 2008
Let's be honest, I love John Wayne. Additionally I LOVE Lauren Bacall. So how could I not love this movie. Neat story, good action, great acting. I watch it every time it's on.
August 3, 2008
"What about that baby?"
Entertaining film...
½ May 22, 2008
This is a good movie
February 21, 2008
This movie was funny and entertaining. Though they did smuggle in a couple of people to pretend to be Chinese, the rest of the people seemed to be of the right nationality lol. It's so distracting when they do that!
January 25, 2008
Bacall and Wayne great casting so so story
½ January 9, 2008
not one of his better movies, kind of slow
½ December 26, 2007
Not the best, but not the worst either.
November 9, 2007
IT REALLY IS A GOOD MOVIE. YU CAN T BEAT THE DUKE IN A FILM LIKE THIS. I PERSONALLY WATCHED IT FOR LAUREN THOUGH. :)
October 13, 2007
Duke being earnestly heroic. Good example of why people think he only played cowboys and soldiers.
September 3, 2007
Any movie with the Duke is good. I enjoyed this one particularly as it was charming and funny.
July 21, 2007
SHIPS CAPTAIN IS CONNED INTO TAKING A GROUP OF CHINESE ON AN OLD PADDLE WHEEL STEAMER TO ESCAPE THE ENEMY IN WW2.THE FAMOUS UNSEEN ANGEL THAT JOHN WAYNE HAS,HE REFERS TO IS BABYGOOD FUN TO WATCH
June 13, 2007
Don't know why, but I've always kind of liked this movie.