Blood and Chocolate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood and Chocolate Reviews

½ October 28, 2015
I read the book. I watched the movie. They are two entirely different things. One was good. One was bad. Guess which was which.
September 12, 2015
It's bad when a person can tell straight from watching the preview that the only things that stayed true to the novel version were names and a few key events. I was disappointed with that much, but I still want to see the movie and see what they did to this amazing story.
July 4, 2015
Loved it... Romania and werewolves, two of my favorite things....
May 22, 2015
It looks awesome! I want to see it because i have already read the book.
½ December 31, 2014
Sad special effects with decent acting and an average plot.
½ December 1, 2014
It doesn't seem like it follows the book, but i still want to see it!
September 19, 2014
In a post twilight world this film feels like a quick cash grab. That being said this is a pre twilight supernatural love story that switches the gender and monsters. The movie has a good set up but sadly never delivers. Will Graham (of hannibal fame) has the best performance as a graphic novelist in Bucharest for research. I find that a werewolf movie has to go balls to the wall (either crazy action or horror comedy) to be good. Like American Werewolf, Howling, or Dog Soldiers. The only good serious werewolf movies seems to be the original Wolfman and maybe Wolf.
½ August 24, 2014
I wish this film was a closer adaptation to the novel. It would have performed better at the box office and with fans no doubt.
August 7, 2014
The awfulness of this movie is almost indescribable. It made my brain physically hurt, which is quite an accomplishment without nerve-endings. The characters are vapid and two-dimensional, with the most basic motivations that aren't even remotely believable, with horrid SFX and a completely unnecessary explosion near the end. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to cut it.
July 17, 2014
Better to watch Underworld or Van Helsing instead...
July 1, 2014
I seriously just remembered watching this movie today. Just shows how memorable it was.
½ May 30, 2014
Bruckner and Dancy were great in this movie. The plot was a little strange, but overall it was a great love story with a supernatural twist.
November 10, 2013
The actors try to take the script so seriously, too seriously, so the result makes for a laughable faux supernatural gimmick like the twilight flicks. Hugh Dancy is the only redeeming quality of this film.
November 5, 2013
I enjoyed this film - it's a stylish, Gothic romance between a human and a werewolf. This film never set out to be a horror - so it's pointless comparing it to the likes of Gingersnaps. The script and plot quite simple. Gabriel is supposed to come across dumb and full of himself -likewise the brat pack. Definitely worth watching again with a bucket of popcorn on a lazy night in.
½ October 30, 2013
The supernatural thriller Blood and Chocolate is an intriguing and intense dark romance. The story follows a mysterious young woman from a noble werewolf bloodline who falls for a human, but their lives become endangered when her family discovers their affair. Agnes Bruckner and Hugh Dancy lead the cast and give solid performances. And, the writing does a job good at creating a fascinating werewolf mythology. The special effects also create an interesting transformation effect for the wolves that accentuates their spiritual and mystical nature. A compelling and stylistic film, Blood and Chocolate delivers romance and adventure.
July 7, 2013
The only thing enjoyable about this movie was getting to see a younger Hugh Dancy.
July 6, 2013
I realy would like to see this, but if its a rip off of underworld...I will scream
June 11, 2013
I loved this movie!!!!
April 8, 2013
This was really good!
March 31, 2013
Not as good as the book...It fits the horror genre well, however, it was very cliche when it came to romance. The book was a mix of romance and horror, and the mixture was perfected, not cliche. I still liked the movie even if the storyline was COMPLETELY different.