BloodMonkey (Blood Monkey) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

BloodMonkey (Blood Monkey) Reviews

February 10, 2014
really not that bad interesting
January 22, 2014
Drawn out questing that was pointless and went no where. Shoved a bunch of action into the last 20 minutes. No understanding of the creatures, just showing how they killed everyone and that they are as intelligent as humans but are just giant animals that kill for some reason. No logic, senseless killing. Funny, giant urination scene on the humans' tents. Some funny deaths.
½ August 3, 2013
I Quite enjoy it but people the movie is STUPID!!!!
½ June 5, 2013
Campy and poorly acted and set up, Blood Monkey is exactly what you'd expect it to be. However the movie does have a good plot, it is just poorly executed. If you aren't opposed to Monty Python-esque gore, and digital apes, it's all good. In fact, the movie is downright enjoyable provided you actually watch and think about the movie, as opposed to wishing it was more like that one movie you hold above all others. So, in essence, a good watch for people new to horror, or who enjoy a less scary movie on a rainy day. a bad watch for movie snobs.
May 13, 2012
This is a MUST SEE!!!
½ February 28, 2012
This is what I get for watching Syfy at 3am. BloodMonkey might be on Ed Wood's level of bad films. Even more embarrassing is that Oscar winner. F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus) and Matt Reeves (director of Cloverfield and Let Me In) star in this mess of a movie. I highly encourage you to intoxicate yourself before watching this movie in the hopes that it might be more enjoyable.
January 13, 2012
It was alright. A-little weird for me though. but i have seen much worse.
½ December 20, 2011
Poor nature's monster movie. The chimps are hardly ever seen (which is actually a testament to making a movie without a budget for effects or costume), but the real let down is the terrible script and acting.
½ November 25, 2011
Crap, just crap. There is nothing positive about this one.
½ November 6, 2011
yay! This was bad, just bad.
1,5/5
July 24, 2011
y can't we see the monkeys kill ppl
June 6, 2011
I'm not sure if 2 stars is being too generous. The movie was definitely bad, but I kept watching anyway. I guess I wanted to see just how stupid the characters were going to be given their current circumstances. I mean, if I was in the same situation, I'd like to think I would have come up with better ideas or at least come to my senses and leave the situation MUCH earlier than these students. And the Blood Monkeys...? Such cheese special effects.
½ May 6, 2011
If you make it through this it's because you like bad movies.
January 10, 2011
this movie terribly sucked and reminded me of why i hated grizzly rage so much
October 10, 2010
Creative story. RARE glimpses of creatures take away from effect.
September 13, 2010
So bad about half way through, I started looking up other movies to watch.
½ August 2, 2010
The worst movie I've ever saw, and what's with the pee scene?
June 23, 2010
Wow how Abraham is here is beyond me this is pretty much cheese at its best
½ April 29, 2010
the real monkeys are the actors !