Blood River - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood River Reviews

June 23, 2014
Gritty, and dirty, but manages to be breathtakingly beautiful at the same time--At last! and about time...!!
½ August 5, 2013
This movie was terrible. I don't have any problem with religious films, but I went into this expecting it to be a psychological film and this thing didn't make me think at all... It had so much potential and then NOTHING was explained at the end... I'm not going to spoil it, but don't expect much else, but a bad taste left in your mouth after watching this picture.
½ April 16, 2013
Part horror, part psychological thriller and completely disturbing. I liked it...I think. Unlike so many films, Blood River doesn't walk you through the plot or beat you with it's meaning. Well acted, stunningly filmed and superbly directed. It does move at a slower pace and requires a good bit of thought and participation on the part of the audience to make it a worthwhile watch, but it is. This is the type of story your mind keeps coming back to again and again to puzzle over details.
½ September 12, 2012
Sanctimonious 'Jacobs Ladder' meets 'The Hitcher'. Don't bother. Go pull nose hairs out instead. Better than listening to some mysterious dude in a leather cowboy hat rant about how god has abandoned us all.
½ August 13, 2012
i really liked the Film it had a really good story line to and it had some funny parts in it
½ June 3, 2012
Heart- pounding suspense or snooze time, depending on your level of patience. I made it all the way to the action-packed last 30 minutes, he fell asleep. "Your sin is empathy." said the Angel.
May 12, 2012
What I really enjoyed about this film was it's originality. While this film will be slow for most audiences, it definitely touches on an aspect of horror that most films don't even come close to. I also have to give Andrew Howard a special mention, his performance will leave you haunted long after the film is done.
April 16, 2012
piece of crap...horrid writing,sucky plot,waste of film
March 14, 2012
One of those unexpected treasures among the great ocean of new movies these days. I just happened upon this movie one night and decided to give it a shot, and I was very surprised by just how good I thought it was. It is one of those psychological / spiritual thrillers that has a good mix of each so they balance each other, unlike other films that push one side or the other. If you are stuck in the house on a rainy day and need something to watch, give this a try.
February 17, 2012
Interesting movie on a biblical level. Check it out.
January 20, 2012
A decent backwoods psycho thriller, Blood River obviously wants to be Wolf Creek in many ways, but it also manages to somewhat forge its own path of madness, sexual tension, schizo-fundamentalism, and torture. The film never quite came together into anything great for me, but it was entertaining and twisted enough throughout.
January 17, 2012
It seemed to be a thriller terror, those who when the car breaks down in the middle of nowhere appears a suspect or a wandering ghost town, but at this point the story begins to take another course, the settling of accounts between the couple and between beyond.Good movie.
½ December 21, 2011
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, what makes the film interesting is that it's so difficult to label as it appeals to lovers of both the horror and dramatic thriller genres.
November 3, 2011
I just watched this. Piece of shit preachy movie. It made no sense.
October 29, 2011
This is an extremely stupid movie.
October 18, 2011
A very different type of horror film. Be careful of this hitchhiker because he is not what you expect of a normal horror hitchhiker. Very interesting, entertaining film. Andrew Howard is really good...
WrenchLT
½ June 14, 2011
A road-tripping couple break-down in the Californian desert and are joined by a mysterious drifter who starts to create tension between them all. Moves along slowly and without much incident for the first hour, but a twist in the plot sets up a compelling last 30 minutes. Worth a watch but you'll need patience.
May 13, 2011
7 March 2011

What was supposed to be a psychological thriller turned out to be a supernatural drama so it loses a star.
½ January 29, 2011
interesting ,but i just really want to know what that guy's sin was
December 4, 2010
This is the scariest movie I have ever witness. Soo good. Film of the year.