Blood Surf - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Surf Reviews

February 25, 2015
It's dumb, but it's not without some funny moments. The crocodile is cheesy in many of the scenes, and there's no set-up for the characters which is somewhat refreshing. Nothing too memorable here, just another entertaining killer croc creature flick.
½ March 4, 2014
A cliched, campy monster flick that only manages to entertain when it's stupidity warrants a laugh.
September 29, 2013
The most frustrating type of movie, not good by any stretch of the imagination, but not so bad as to be entertaining at all in that way either. I literally got to the last ten minutes of the movie before realized that I had seen it before. What's a guy gotta do to watch a quality giant crocodile movie?!
½ October 31, 2012
Why oh why wasn't the director eaten by a 30 foot saltwater crocodile before he had chance to make this rubbish!
½ August 22, 2012
Movie was never boring but it got so stupid at times. Blood Surf refers to them surfing with poorly cgi sharks swimming around them. The three ladies of the film are all cuties and there is plenty of nudity. Some really cheesy death scenes...but good cheesy. And Duncan Regeher from Monster Squad, even joins the party.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ March 17, 2012
Definitely not going to win any awards, but not horrible. Has all the staples of a good creature feature, even if the full shots of the monster are pretty horrible, the close ups and atmosphere aren't too bad and it is hilarious in parts
½ February 5, 2012
Well, Blood Surf gives it a go. It's got the most unlikeable actors ever, playing despicable people who make the stupidest decisions, BUT it almost feels like a real movie. There are moments that are borderline okay, and it's not boring - I managed to sit through this in one sitting.

But at the end of the day, it's still a low budget, poorly scripted Jaws knockoff (that at least has the decency to reference it), that doesn't care about any of its characters.
½ September 13, 2011
''Blood Surf'' decided it would be another bad horror film about a giant killer croc. It succeeded.

In a way, I think that makes it better than ''Primeval.''
February 10, 2011
Pretty awful. Bored one night, I decided to bravely venture into the low budget horror territory, looking for some cheap thrills or cheap laughs. I didn't get either. Other than a few oddly amusing scenes, it was pretty foul. The poor CGI croc didn't impress at all, a few nice gore scenes and a revealing nude scene didn't leave me wanting more. If you want a badass killer crocodile movie, go watch the Aussie import "Rogue". Among others in that nice little horror gem, it has a pre-Avatar Sam Worthington.
½ January 25, 2011
Oh hey, a movie about stupid people getting eaten by sharks, cool... hey where did that giant saltwater crocodile come from? What the heck is this film about anyway? Does it even matter?

Not really.
½ January 5, 2011
While it's not great it is FILLED with nudity.
½ September 27, 2010
I chose to watch this movie on demand very late at night one day. The idea caught my attention, some adrenaline junkies looking for a thrill decide to chum the water in order to attract sharks to boost the extremes of surfing. But when a 30-foot Crocodile is thrown into the mix. Now I thought since this was in the year 2000 that there would at least be a cheesy animatronic, which really adds to the B horror movie appeal. However to my surprise, the Crocodile appeared in a clash of horrible CG. Now giving this film a 30% does seem somewhat generous but it was entirely for the originality of the plot.
Another problem I had with this film was the incredible amount of problems and stock footage. The scenes would cut to swamp, to ocean to lake. It was horrible to watch them try to cover these flaws up. The scenery did not even seem to hide the fact that the backgrounds were incredibly different. Another little problem I had with this flick was the vast amount of topless woman. It was as if they popped their tops purely to please the viewers. This movie even uses the oldest of horror movie tricks, kill the females and give us a douche of a main character that just wont die until the end of the movie is close. And even towards the end the topless women still appeared. In one scene the two women who have made it all the way without dying flash their breasts and scream out "Fuck you Alligator". I had a major problem with that, first of all it's a Crocodile not an Alligator. The cast could not even get the right species correct. And secondly, why are they taking their tops off for an Crocodile. It makes little to no sense.
Overall, this movie is bad, it's filled with holes all throughout the flick. It's not even worth viewing, there really is nothing that makes this movie worth watching unless your a horny adolescent who gets off by watching flat chested women take off their tops.
August 5, 2010
Awful movie. With the bad script, the terrible special effects, the seen-it-before plot, and the awful acting, the movie sets itself up for failure. You can tell in some parts, the movie tries to be good, but it fails again and again. Then of course the hot boy has to save the day, what kind of cheesy horror film would it be if the hot boy wasn't able to save the helpless girls? Unoriginal and stupid, the film is not worth watching or even searching over the internet.
½ July 6, 2010
Gotta love shit crocodile films but this one stands out!
September 22, 2009
A point for the chicks
½ August 31, 2009
En av de allra sämsta filmer som någonsin gjorts. Manus, skådespeleri, specialeffekter och vafan man kan tänkas komma på är käpprätt åt helvete.
July 9, 2009
A pair of surfers go out to surf amongst the sharks as it will be mega coooool. However, it isn't the sharks they should be worried about. OMG! Blood Surf borders on parody at times, but doesn't really sink it's teeth into it's own campy charm until the end. The end sees two girls taunting a crocodile by brandishing their breasts and shouting "Fuck You". With the absolute heartlessness they shrug off the death of a friend, just because he was a coward (or smart) you have to wonder what effect the writers were aiming for. Some of the deaths are hilarious, the effects are hokey and it has an electric guitar surfer score, that fits the surfing but not the horror. Good stuff, if a little confused at times.
June 30, 2009
Not good by any means, but I was entertained. laughable CGI and a really odd looking fake croc prop. I applaud them for not going all CGI. There was some random odd nudity and sex parts also.
April 8, 2009
I like that when I searched for this movie on here, it thought I meant Surf Ninjas.