Blood Widow Reviews

• 4d ago

Slasher movie 80's style with a good music, plain story, below regular acting... the best of the movie? Good deaths gore style where you cheer the killer!!!

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 03, 2016

It's a shame that the downfalls of Blood Widow are so severe and frequent, because there's actually quite a bit I really liked about it. I mean it might have been nice if those things occurred in places other than the final ten minutes, but still, points either way.

• Apr 04, 2016

http://letterboxd.com/zbender/film/blood-widow/ There was a time a couple of years ago in which I thought I wanted to try and make YouTube movie reviews. I remember a particular film that always had stuck in my head as the worst horror movie ever. Yet, I never knew the title of the film. Until today. Ladies and gentlemen the worst horror movie I've seen in the 21 years of my existence is Blood Widow. Some may think, "but Zack this is just a redbox shit film that obviously went straight to DVD." I think the fact that this vehement shit stain has resonated in my head ever since 2014 without a name to give to it is just terrible in its own right. I'm amazed with my brain, seriously. I had a passionate hate for this that lasted over a year. I searched IMDB pages high and low, I knew "bloody" was in the title. And today after I got out of class an email notification about letterboxd user Hollie Horror making a comment on a list just kicked my horror brain to dig into a repressed death memory. I look for "Buddha statue kill." Found this. The movie poster staring at me brought my blood to a boil. Fuck this film! From what I've remembered it was just so fucking terrible. The stereotypical characters I could not even see as being satirical. This is like the slasher film everyone would make if they were trying to make fun of slasher films, except you took this project seriously. There are some great movies that just have slipped my mind, but this, this has plagued my mind. This is some weird testament I've laid out. It's amazing what the brain is capable of bringing back.

• Feb 21, 2016

Bad lighting, bad script, nonexistent plot or acting. Gives all other student films a bad name. Still, killer is creepy, deadly and sexy enough to earn herself two stars. Would like to see what she can do in a proper film.

• Japes . Super Reviewer
    Jan 08, 2016

You can tell it's a student film by the poor lighting in some shots. If they got the chance to make a movie, you'd think they'd make one that has a little more substance than a person/thing/ghost killing people. We've only seen that 1 trillion times before. There's no character development, bad acting, no plot (literally there's not a plot) and the ending makes you say well, there was no point to this, was there?

• Nov 02, 2014

This movie has no plot. However, in a strange sort of way, it's fascinating. The only character that is even remotely developed is Blood Widow herself. And, as a new-to-the-scene ax murderer, Blood Widow actually has some life left in her villian. It's as if the movie was the prequel to the real movie to come. I tell ya, she's the female version of Jason Voorhees. The hockey mask is replaced with the procelain doll head and the character is delicate and lithe--like a ballerina. Yet she's as brutal and unapologetic as the rest of 'em. I want to see the real movie.

• Oct 22, 2014

terrible from the first scene to the last!!!

terrible from the first scene to the last!!!

• Aug 23, 2014

This is a horrendous piece of trash in every aspect of the word. I got this at a redbox for a cheap movie night, and regretted it after. Avoid this at all costs, a terrible film.

• Aug 07, 2014

Director and writers had some wonderful shots of creepy dolls and masks, and the costume of the Blood Widow itself was cool - and that was it. Poor acting, dialogue was atrocious, and the characters were completely uninteresting. Death scenes were so comical and cheesy it wasn't even funny. And the sound! I had the volume up to the max and even then there were times I couldn't hear what the characters were saying. Lighting also poor. Rented from Redbox for free and boy am I glad I didn't waste money on this.

• Aug 01, 2014

worst movie ever. the trees had better acting. the best part was when I gave it back to the red box.