Bloodfist IV: Die Trying - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bloodfist IV: Die Trying Reviews

March 21, 2013
A normal day at the office for repoman The Dragon Wilson turns into all out war with the CIE, bent coppers and an international crime syndicate. When his daughter is kidnapped and not able to trust anyone The Dragin must go on a solo mission to rescue her.
½ October 27, 2012
The best Bloodfist. Everything is improved from the Dragon's acting, the story, and supporting cast (Amanda Wyss). The Dragon plays a repo man who reposseses a car that contains valuable hidden merchandise the owners kill for.
½ June 26, 2012
The Dragon as a repo man who foils Middle Eastern interests after repo'ing a car with nuclear triggers on board. The Dragon seems to be getting better and Amanda Wyss is an asset here. Karate Magazine hailed this as the best Bloodfist yet and I agree.
December 22, 2010
Well i got it wrong in my bloodfist 3 review they aint all 2 star films!! this is a solid 3 star c grade actioner!!
The plots amazingly stupid but here it goes the dragon's a repo man, picks up a car which happens to contain a box of chocs belonging to a arms dealer!! yep the arms dealer wants his chocs back! genius lol along the way lots of people get shot and kicked in the head what more could you want??
I was shocked to see the awesome gary daniels turn up with awful hair but that immediatly made me like this film more than any of the others. One of the better c grade action flicks and certainly one of the best dragon movies ive seen.
April 28, 2010
Excuse me will I pick myself off the floor. It seems I fell out of my chair in amazement after the film ended due to the fact this actually a decent Bloodfist sequel. I kid you not! Bloodfist IV ain't that bad of a martial arts film!

Like the previous entry this is a sequel in name alone. No doubt it was scripted as "Die Trying" but filmed as "Bloodfist IV: Die Trying". The film opens with a hooded guy with a duffel bag getting on a bus. He later breaks into a car only to have the owner come out and sucker punch him. A fight ensues and the hooded figure is revealed to be Don Wilson! He gets in the car and takes off. Wilson this time plays a car thief? No of course not as Wilson is too much of a good guy to play a role like that. We later find out he works for a repo agency and that same day he is assigned to repo another car. Sadly the other car belongs to a German terrorist agency and the car contains a box of chocolate bunnies that, get this, contain nuclear triggers! The terrorists are of course not too happy their triggers got repoed so they head down to the repo place and slaughter all of Wilson's co-workers while he is conveniently at the store picking up snacks. The rest of the film spends time with Don trying to out-run the police, out-run the FBI, clear his name, save his daughter, and of course fall in love with an innocent bystander that happens to fall into the story. This is enough plot for, well, nine Bloodfist films or maybe 10 minutes of a Lord of the Rings film.

Again I actually really enjoyed this entry. The acting is for the most part decent (except for Wilson, but he is still likable) especially for a low budget film. The villains are nasty and the characters are quirky and interesting. The fight scenes are also stylish, violent and well choreographed. Like I mentioned before the plot has enough twists and turns to keep this seasoned B-cinema fan glued to the screen. The directing itself is also more inspired than the previous films. This is hands down the best film in the Bloodfist series and if you have to see one of these things, make it Bloodfist IV. Like my sister put it: "It's too good to be a Bloodfist film." I couldn't have put it better myself.
½ April 5, 2009
½ June 27, 2008
don "the dragon" wilson and gary daniels in the same movie. from that alone, you know this one rules. the ending is a bit anticlimactic, but who gives a shit
May 18, 2008
Also one of the best out the series
April 12, 2008
Don returns in another title in the series of Bloodfists that have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHERS! Here he fights arms dealers who are looking for nuclear triggers hid in chocolate bunnies. You know you're watching a classic when the bad guy says give me my chocolate easter bunnies" as ransom for a kidnapped child. Plus Don squints a lot and beats people up with guns. 2 stars!
August 18, 2007
'Bloodfist IV: Die Trying', like the seven other parts, stars Don "The Dragon" Wilson (Bloodfist). In segment four, he plays yet another new character, Danny Holt, meaning that 'Die Trying' is not related to the previous three films. 'B IV: DT' is one of the better low budget DTV action flicks out there, with a number of recognizable faces. Cat Sassoon (Angelfist) plays Lisa, who gets a pretty nice fight scene with Holt (Wilson). Perhaps the best fight scenes throughout 'DT' are between Holt and Scarface, played by Gary Daniels (Deadly Target). This was before Daniels was a bigger "star", and he sports some lovely Fabio-styled locks. James Tolkan (Top Gun) even plays Agent Sterling. When James Tolkan is in the movie, you know you're in for a treat. Let's just say this one could be much worse.
½ June 11, 2007
It's that bad. All Fights devolve into series of idiotic roundhouse kicks and pointless grunting.