BloodRayne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

BloodRayne Reviews

August 21, 2016
Blood Rayne a game adaptation that did not work. It was very cheesy, laughable script, a mindless choppy story telling, and lousy action. What a waste!
½ July 6, 2016
Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to see it. I keep swinging back and forth.
June 3, 2016
Eons from now, when historians discover the work of Uwe Boll, will they assume it was part of some ritual we performed in the 21st century? One where we paid millions for him to produce deliberately God awful garbage because we thought it appeased some Dark God? Only time will tell.
½ April 20, 2016
I never knew it was going to be this god-awful
April 18, 2016
Mostly unwatchable action/horror/fantasy. Like I've said before, Boll's failing; specifically in this era of his career, was taking his drivel so seriously and steadfastly defending it until the end. The only redeeming parts of this movie are the trashy snippets of sex and violence.
January 17, 2016
Forget Uwe Boll, This is shit!
½ September 14, 2015
Very little interest in this vampire hybrid movie and that's after seeing it.
September 1, 2015
So bad I am off to vomit.
½ August 14, 2015
If shite won Oscars... Well, I probably wouldn't watch the Oscars.
June 9, 2015
I don't know why but you hear such BAD things about this movie...I'm curious!
May 17, 2015
Director Uwe Boll now brings Bloodrayne to the screen to no great effect. Everything you would expect from a Boll film: bad acting, hollow story, non-stop rediculous action stunts, and gratuitous sex scenes.
May 1, 2015
It's bad. Really, really bad. ._.
½ March 29, 2015
Words can't describe how broken and uninsteresting this movie can be. A total disrespect to its source material and to makind, while we're at it. Stay away from it as far as possible, for as long as you can.
½ August 31, 2014
Pas le film de l'année.....un navet peut être?
Heureusement la jolie Kristanna Loken.
½ June 6, 2014
While the world waits for Uwe Boll to make a competent film, he makes the completely dumb move of adapting yet another video game into a feature film. "Bloodrayne" isn't quite the washout of his previous "House of the Dead", but that's faint praise indeed.

As sad as that is to report, this is the notorious director's best-looking film to date. He has assembled a fairly impressive cast, some of the scenery is quite beautiful and the special effects are alarmingly impressive. The blood flows like wine, and the vampire effects are decent for a film of this budget.

Unfortunately, that is all of the praise this is going to get from me. The cast is wasted and let down by a ridiculous script, most notably Ben Kingsley in the role of the lead bloodsucker. A paycheck is a paycheck, but you have to believe that the one he got for this dud wasn't big enough to tarnish his esteemed career. Kristanna Loken isn't much of an actress, but she is very sexy and you want to see her do better for herself than this.

The movie fails at the script level, as the story is dull and routine, and the dialogue is even worse. It's wretched, and none of it is convincingly Eighteenth century, where this allegedly takes place. But the biggest downfall here is Boll himself. As is the case with most of his films, he is his biggest enemy, as he seems to take pride in his well-earned reputation as one of the worst filmmakers working today.

"Bloodrayne" had more potential than most of his films, but that potential only takes it so far. It will bore you into a coma.
March 26, 2014
Trashs A Game I Enjoyed Back In Highschool!
½ February 6, 2014
The story is about Lord Kagan wants his half-human, half vampire daughter to become a full-fledged vampiress, but Rayne denounces her father's legacy and instead joins up with a trio of vampire hunters. Based on the popular video game. This movie is just unspeakably Bad.
January 8, 2014
def the worst of the worst video game to movie adaptation. i don't blame anyone walking out on this piece of garbage.
December 7, 2013
AWFUL MOVIE! ... but i watched it. and laughed hysterically at how awful it was.