Blow the Man Down Reviews

• 12h ago

Just a simple story with everything on a straight line until the end, giving you a comfy feeling you are watching a well done movie.

• 3d ago

Started strong got a little rocky during the "Losing the house." Plot and got god-tier at the end. 8/10 for the cliche house plot. Good sound design and color correction throughout.

• 5d ago

Wonderful performances and such a great group of actors. (And Margo Martindale... Good GOD what an actor!!) Enjoyed every moment... until it was over. As I thought about the story, it dawned on me that murder had been used a little too casually as a solution. That's not to say it's too violent or the murdered characters weren't deserving of that end. It just seemed a little too facile a way to resolve some issues and too easy for the characters (at least one of them) to have taken such action. That said, still a damned good movie. Worth watching.

• 5d ago

Boy did this one fly under the radar. Writing, acting, pace, a really smart crime movie with a lot of heart.

• 5d ago

Good cinematography & story line. Nice and short too, not unnecessarily long.

Good cinematography & story line. Nice and short too, not unnecessarily long.

• 6d ago

Small-town intrigue set in motion by a series of puzzlingly bad decisions.

Small-town intrigue set in motion by a series of puzzlingly bad decisions.

• Apr 02, 2020

This movie does give me Fargo vibes and it feels like a Fargo with some of the shots and you could say it is a discount Fargo. I actually didn't like it as much as I thought I would have and it is surprising. One thing that blows my mind is how much of a Fargo ripoff it is. The cinematography was very good and the opening scene I wish it was just fishermen singing sea chanties. The acting is surprisingly good with these actresses they do a pretty good job as I've never seen them. The subtle score racking up in the movie sounds pretty good. I'm surprised that they didn't flesh out their characters as much as they should have. They do weave two storylines together in a way I don't like with the ending. The ending I did not like at all we go through a journey with them that I don't even like that much and we get a terrible ending with no payoff at all. In some of the important scenes, they don't hold as much weight as they should and some of the really important scenes feel like they need something more with it. The story thought it was very investing which frankly I didn't feel invested with the story at all they thought they were onto something that was very investing with the storyline it the three elderly ladies. Overall it was ok and I wasn't the biggest fan of it but I would recommend it to people who liked Fargo. 60%🧀

• Mar 31, 2020

A type of crime film that brings back memories of ´Blood Simple´ with a smart effective script, tons of dark humor and a outstanding supporting turn from Margo Martindale.

• Mar 30, 2020

Good creepy suspense, keeps your attention throughout, despite reminding you every 5 minutes where you last pahk-ed the cah.

• Mar 30, 2020

it's a good modern film noire and the soundtrack is very good, but I don't recommend