Blue (Trois Couleurs: Bleu) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue (Trois Couleurs: Bleu) Reviews

February 17, 2013
This is a duplicate.
November 11, 2012
Juliette Binoche's greatest movie. Beautifully shot film by the master director, Krzysztof Kieslowski. First part of a three part trilogy. Out of the three, this one is my favorite because of the music, camera work, and story.
July 19, 2012
a mysterious metaphorical experience. beautiful with images and booming score
July 16, 2012
Favorite of the trilogy. So mysterious and beautiful and masterful. It has exceeded my expectations of it so much. Almost as astounding as "Double Life of Veronique", but still a masterpiece none the less.
April 16, 2012
Julie de Courcy (Binoche) life is suddenly thrown into a pit of darkness when she gets in a car accident, which kills both her famous composer husband and her daughter. Because they were really the only things in her life, Julie takes back her maiden name and decides to isolate herself from human connections and everything around her. But with a friend (RĂ (C)gent) trying to finish a piece created by her spouse while trying to win her heart, Julie realizes that her fantasy of being alone just might be ruined. And learning that her husband was in fact, cheating on her just might give her the closure she needs. "Bleu" is the first part of Krzysztof Kieslowski's famed "Trois Couleurs" this being the first and followed by "Blanc" and "Rouge". While not considered the best of the three, it's difficult to say that "Bleu" isn't an incredible film. It's so simple, and so much of the story is told through symbolism and sound more often than dialogue, but this is a film where you feel so involved and immersed in its character's life (played wonderfully by the then-rising star Juliette Binoche) that it affects you in more ways than one. This is a film that makes you think and feel what's going on, but it still has an interesting central story-line that keeps that film in check. It's one of those art-house films that really works because it's just as much a feast for the eyes and the ears as it is an exquisite way to spend 90 minutes. Binoche is simply excellent here, and in my opinion has never been this fascinating on the screen. "Bleu" is a beautiful film, and does well even on its own. Highly recommended.
December 15, 2011
one of the best movies I've ever seen
December 10, 2011
my favorite of the trilogy.
March 9, 2011
The start of one of the greatest trilogies in cinema.
March 21, 2010
Before the WORLD was created.
August 14, 2009
My favorite of Kieslowski's "color trilogy"........ Recommended..
½ July 22, 2009
i was most impressed with Zbiniew priesner's lovely score. That man is a genius
shesdownbytheriver
May 14, 2009
No thanks - Not interested
½ December 28, 2008
This movie really goes at it's own pace. Beautifully made and hypnotising in its style. I can see this being the kind of movie that i will like more the next time I watch it. There's alot going on in it, but it's all very subtle and difficult to grab hold of.
October 31, 2008
A beautifully acted and shot film that is so captivating. It is hard to explain, but I would describe this as a 'sensual' film, in that it evokes the senses with it's rich colours and explorations of touch and emotional pain and love. Such a tragic film and the best depiction of grief and depression I have ever seen on film. You can't help but fall in love with the character, she's so beautiful, strong but vulnerable, and you feel her pain throughout - the sign of a truly great actor and director.
August 7, 2008
I thought I already reviewed this... Anyways, it's perfect.
May 27, 2008
I love Juliette...can't remember if I saw this!
March 16, 2008
Stunning but slightly pretentious. Even so, go with it and it is very beautifully crafted and sadly great.
½ March 3, 2008
I guess I'm cliche...out of Kieslowski's colour trilogy, Blue remains my favorite. Juliette Binoche has yet to top this.
March 3, 2008
my favourite movie of all time
½ January 30, 2008
amazing...understood why keisolowski is a master of the contemporary urban art films....he can be most poignant at the most common happeinings...