Blue Caprice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Caprice Reviews

May 27, 2017
Despite the great performances and commendable ambitions, "Blue Caprice" never quite breaks the skin covering the ideas it seeks to explore.
½ March 17, 2017
never spent a more boring 50 minutes before giving up , dull moody silences ,incredibly slow and sluggish , really tried to give it a chance but couldn't see it through
October 9, 2016
Felt kind of monotone throughout the whole film.
July 21, 2016
Well acted.. But not engaging enough. And I don't mean that I missed any action.. It just didn't engage me.
½ April 7, 2016
Outstanding production and implementation. Acting is beyond all praise. I was amazed by the cold-heartedness of the main character's reasoning. And, by the way, this film manifests beautiful example of casting that is affected not by the race but by the talent. Isaiah Washington played so authentically that i can't imagine another man in the role (white neither).
½ April 1, 2016
I didn't realise that this was a true story, that is quite a game-changer. Now I know this, I have a much better opinion of this film. I previously thought that it was some sort of social commentary, now I think it's quite shocking. The madness of some people is bewildering.
February 7, 2016
'Blue Caprice' is a slow moving, linear and intriguing drama about a distorted father-son relationship which facilitated their long and bloody journey across north-eastern US. It is superb in more ways than one. It gets in deep into the nitty-gritty of relationships - friends, family and strangers. The transformation of an impressionable teenager into one cold-hearted killer is captured with brevity. This film investigates the genesis of real-life serial killings from the point of view of the perpetrators. Therein lays its ingenuity which also helps to universalize the narrative. Thus, as a conservative middle-class Indian, I also empathize with uneasiness with the sordid murders. The geographical remoteness of events gets telescoped.

The filmmakers do take some artistic liberty with the events. For example, in real-life the mother of the teenager (Lee Malvo) was well-acquainted with John Muhammad. And they moved to Florida irst not to Washington. But that's ok.
In the end, the film succeeds in getting across a solid story. The acting is splendid from the whole cast. I was really impressed by the character of Jamie- played brilliantly by Joey Lauren Adams. She has that unique voice which matched the character. It's one of my things though - I always give more attention to supporting cast. They are like the props which take lead cast to pinnacle.
January 25, 2016
Good movie but i would prefer better a more emotional plot, 3.5/5
December 13, 2015
Blue Caprice is a disturbing movie. It looks amazing, with sharp cinematography, and it has a sleek plot that's easy to follow and a perfect gloomy atmosphere, but it's hard to connect with characters that are so insane. The lead actor isn't great and barely says anything the whole movie and while is father is a convincing character, it's hard to swallow that they just murder to murder. Did the filmmakers do a good job of presenting their evil and twisted actions? Yes. Would I want to watch this movie again? No.
October 26, 2015
The trailer seemed very interesting but it was awful. I don't recommend this one.
½ September 6, 2015
Movie about the D.C. snipers.
½ July 15, 2015
Incredibly disturbing with eerily calm direction.
June 26, 2015
I thought this film was okay at best. It was a little slow at the beginning and then skipped over a lot of the DC shootings fairly quickly. I thought for the most part it wasn't too bad, but I did get bored early with the film and was disappointed at how quickly the film ended. I did like the concept and how in depth they went with the back story, just had some major problems with this film.
½ June 9, 2015
Solidly acted and numbingly effective....are monsters born or raised,good question in a movie that'll stick with you.
½ June 3, 2015
Lots of cinematic craftsmanship at work here, but the characters and story are too cryptic and inaccessible to make this film get under my skin.
April 20, 2015
Chilling portrait of the two insane sniper murderers, and how their mnds break with reality occurred.
April 17, 2015
A well made and performed movie in how to go about creating monsters.
March 15, 2015
This was a fairly restrained movie about the snipers in Washington DC who went on a killing spree. Most of the movie covers the back story to the guys involved, how they met and came to influence each other's actions. The murders themselves do not occur until the final 20 minutes and so is far from the glorified action movie / thriller this could have been. Isiah Washington is especially impressive as the father figure who takes in his young protege.
The ending of the movie lets it down a little as it's very sudden without any further explanation as if they suddenly ran out of cash to film the rest.