Blue Chips Reviews

• Oct 17, 2020

Blue Chips is a disappointing film. It is about a college basketball coach who is forced to break the rules in order to get the players he needs to stay competitive. Nick Nolte and Mary McDonnell give horrible performances. The script is badly written. William Friedkin did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Jun 27, 2020

Very little about this movie rings true in Nolte's performance as the head coach of a major collegiate basketball power. His final postgame press-conference speech is both pretentious and ridiculous.

• May 17, 2020

I loved the scene when Nick Nolte kicked the basketball in the crowd!

I loved the scene when Nick Nolte kicked the basketball in the crowd!

• May 04, 2020

NIck Nolte carries the movie and Mary McDonnell is great in a supporting role.

NIck Nolte carries the movie and Mary McDonnell is great in a supporting role.

• Mar 17, 2020

Haven't seen this since it came out pretty much, so I figured it was time for a rewatch. Nick Nolte does a great job as a passionate(and very angry) college basketball coach who's desperate to get a winning team. Much like certain teams even in today's game(:cough cough: UofA), paying players under the table is a big no-no. At least Nolte's character fessed up, hah. Anyways.. I guess this is the movie the NCAA doesn't really want you to see. Good stuff though.

• Dec 22, 2019

I gave this movie one star I was not even going to give it that. My bf loves this movie it's from the 90's and it shows sports type movie about a college coach that coaches college students idk I just didn't like it.

• Sep 20, 2018

Love this novie I would watch it all the time growing up in the 90s

Love this novie I would watch it all the time growing up in the 90s

Ian W Super Reviewer
    Apr 28, 2018

one of the better sporting movies it seems. with a superb performance from nick nolte this movie shows you that doing everything you can to win ultimately means you may lose overall.

• Feb 26, 2018

Nick Nolte's performance in this movie gets better every time I watch it.

Nick Nolte's performance in this movie gets better every time I watch it.

• Jul 07, 2017

Story about a college basketball coach who decides to lie and cheat his way to win games again after a losing season. Penny Hardaway and Shaq? Really? Ruined the movie casting those two. And then having him coach against Bobby Knight was just ridiculous.