Blue Citrus Hearts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Citrus Hearts Reviews

July 20, 2012
The raw nature of low budget films is abound in this film. Some of the dialogue is lost by background noise (ie. planes flying overhead and traffic). However, it makes you feel like you're actually a part of this beautiful story of two boys in love.
October 28, 2011
Wonderfully beautiful love story that is for everyone, gay, bi, or straight.
½ September 17, 2011
Despite having a low budget quality to it, the film is pretty good actually. After the first five minutes you're like this is going to be a terrible movie. As you keep watching it, the emotions of the film begin to take shape, and you are sucked into the story of these two characters. The film has a powerful message, and that is when you love someone truly, you will always be able to lean on them and trust them. I loved the low budget quality of the film, and yet the film could do with out the funky color transitions. So overall I liked this film and I recommend it.
½ July 29, 2011
Avoid this "movie". I repeat, AVOID THIS "MOVIE".
½ January 30, 2008
Coming of age and coming out are awkward, anguished and wildly unpredictable in Morgan Jon Fox's poignant video tone poem "Blue Citrus Hearts." Fox and his shoestring Memphis film cooperative succeed in capturing the intensity of teen angst where many Hollywood films fail.
December 7, 2007
this movie deserves to be seen.
½ November 11, 2007
I have a big problem with gay-themed movies! They do not undrestand that love is a universal matter not restricted to gendres, shit man! undrestand it plz gut and do not be short-sighted. BTW, i liked this movie, i liked their low-budget equipments very much!
½ October 18, 2007
VERY Indie. None the less, absolutely AMAZING. About two guys from very different backgrounds who struggle with their increasingly obvious love for each other. Great film, even if you're straight :p
July 31, 2007
Seriously, I didn't know if I had a screwed copy, or rather I was having a seizure. The scene dissolves are some of the most screwed up on the planet. It seems like a first year film student, strung out on acid decided to do the editing. Aside from that, I also feel the two main characters were really stupid, and lacked any depth. I hate to label people, but these two guys are the definition of "emo". One talks about killing himself, at which the same time he writes in a journal all of his feelings, which no one else can read. While the other one can't confess his love to him. All this progresses to a final scene, on top of a roof, which literally leads nowhere. What was the director thinking?