Blue Crush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Crush Reviews

February 5, 2017
Clean, exciting fun in the waves. It's incredible what these female surfers overcome.
½ February 5, 2017
A Hawaiian surf movie with heart. It seems to be geared mostly towards teens, but I still find it enjoyable as an adult and get a sense of nostalgia from watching it. (First viewing - Teen years)
January 29, 2017
I think people are harder on this then they need to be. It was made to be an Oscar winning movie. They knew it would cater to mostly teenagers. However, I do enjoy it. It's a movie that doesn't provoke much though and sometimes it's nice to just sit, watch a movie and enjoy without delving too deep into the psyche. Beautoiful scenery definitely helps. I enjoy it enough to rewatch it.
September 26, 2016
A great surf movie. Love the relationship between the three girls. Great ending.
½ August 19, 2016
Surfer and her friends hang out and surf all day.
August 6, 2016
8/6/2016: A pretty good and enjoyable movie. The cast and story were both good and made for an entertaining film.
March 2, 2016
"...a fun ride," is correct. The surfing and soundtrack were great even if the plot was dumb. It was just enjoyable watching them surf, even if Kate Bosworth's face pasted on the surfing shots looked like something off of Goldeneye 64. Michelle Rodriguez never disappoints.
January 30, 2016
Most intense waves either my stomach dropped or I felt butterflies?
#"drenched"%^]
January 24, 2016
If you like surfing you will enjoy this movie. The story isn't half bad either.
½ December 29, 2015
Cheesy but still a favorite.
September 25, 2015
Feel good surf movie. Obvious in some places but still good to watch.
August 8, 2015
Just re watched this. Beautiful cinematography, young adult plot, Michelle Rodriguez, and a Minnesota boy saying, "Be the girl I met on the beach. The one who wouldn't ask a guy what she should do."
½ June 26, 2015
Pretty girls but nothing more.
June 6, 2015
A fun movie from my teen years. Not going to win awards, but enjoyable.
May 15, 2015
Good movie, girls are awesome, beach and pipes ate kickin'.
½ November 27, 2014
This wasn't really very good. Teenagers who dig surfing may disagree, but I just thought it was campy and boring really.
November 22, 2014
Sure it's cheesy, but it's also fairly entertaining and has great cinematography. It's a fun watch if you're in the right mood.
November 13, 2014
I like this movie written by Susan Orlean. It knows more than most movies like this. People like these surfer girls usually end up having to work shitty jobs to pay the rent. Roger Ebert compared this movie to Saturday Night Fever. The leads in both movies are talented but love gets in the way of their ambitions.
½ November 11, 2014
This is indeed the worst movie I have ever turned off.
½ October 3, 2014
The second film is much better due to the fact that they have real surfers in it.