Blue Exorcist The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Exorcist The Movie Reviews

March 28, 2016
its rel good and I want too see it so badle
October 16, 2015
It Was A Seasonal Wanted More Out Of The Series Don't Usually Watch Non Canon Movies
½ April 23, 2015
there was a spongebob poster in there!!!!!!!!!!
½ September 28, 2014
A suitably heart warming experience, best watched if you know the premise of the shoe though.
August 3, 2014
After I finished watching the anime, I am sad that it was over but then I heard that there is a movie version of it which I was excited about as I get to see Rin and Yukio and his friends again on the big screen. And also I see this movie to compensate the loss of a "second season" which is sad because the characters had potential to grow that it needed more than a season to do that.

Anyway, the movie continued where the anime left off. The plot is very different from the anime as they already finished with the arc story previously. I see that this movie is still on part canon to the anime but I sometimes feel like this movie isn't quite important at all, just a fun addition for the fans of the anime, including myself.

What the movie lacked was a main strong antagonist. Obviously they couldn't use Satan as the antagonist again for the movie but there wasn't any strong antagonist that makes this movie suspenseful.

Thanks to the movie, we finally see more of the True Cross Academy setting (most likely from the increased budget), which I was excited about and it's like a combination of China Town, Times Square and the Tokyo streets. I am glad we get to see more parts of the setting. And let me just say the art was more beautiful than the anime thanks to its increased budget.

As for character development, I was sad that it didn't focus on the other characters except Rin and Yukio. But that is okay because they're the protagonists in the anime so they movie should be focused on them. I really like Usamaro so much that I cried over the character. He (or she? I can't tell) is very heroic and brave while also being cute and quirky and that is what I like about him (or her?).

As for the plot, it wasn't brilliant but it's good enough for the fans like me to be satisfied that the anime is quite big enough to be brought to the big screen.

This movie opened up for any potential sequels so if they're going to have a sequel, oh my god, I will be excited as fuck.

If you're a fan of the anime, you should go see this movie even though it's a different story. The art, the satisfying plot and likable characters will make this movie an enjoyable experience.
June 10, 2014
Interesting movie. What I want to know, is why you have those two demons breaking the 4th wall. What is the purpose of that?
March 11, 2014
Awesome movie and animations
December 23, 2013
This was a shounen adventure of 88 minutes. It's not a ride of masterpiece but does have its fun moments.
September 21, 2013
A captivating and brilliant animation and soundtrack, the upside is seeing new sides of True Cross but can do without the rushed ending and somewhat writing.
August 25, 2013
U dont have to have seen the anime before seeing this movie. their are references that you wont get but its no big deal. they only show some flashback to episode one of the anime. the music is pertty good and the animation is even better. The one bad thing is that you now whats going to happen before it happens.
August 14, 2013
Meh... Average story and with the way the anime series ended I didn't really care too much about this movie.
½ August 11, 2013
Un film de série. Marrant et divertissant mais rien de révolutionnaire.
July 26, 2013
I've read the first manga back in 2011 before the Anime was released online and of course gotten popular since, after the anime series had ended a movie was announced back in September 2011. The movie is not based on the manga series but main story plot is completely different to both the Manga and Anime series but you could say that this does feel like a normal episode but a little longer. Plot begins with a carnival held once every eleven years is coming. Inside the boisterous True Cross Academy, emotion is running high. Exorcist are creating barriers seriously to prevent demons from attacking. Meanwhile, Rin is exterminating the out of control Phantom Train when he meets a demon in form of a young boy on the way of the mission.

For fans of the series you may notice that if you've read Volume 6 of the Manga series you may have noticed that they've borrowed in the Bonus Chapter- "Phantom Train" but they've changed the plot around for it when it came to watching the movie. But this is a little surprise added in for its fans. As I already mentioned the plot is more about friendship between humans and demons the story later on does get a little more serious and of course there's the action/fight scenes where Rin uses his sword and blue flames.

But its also nice to see everyone's favourite characters again in the movie including Amaimon who makes a short appearance but doesn't say much or do much. Fans of the series may likely enjoy the movie more but may feel a little disappointed and could have been better as another series if there was a Season 2 on the Anime.