Bobby Deerfield - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bobby Deerfield Reviews

½ March 6, 2009
A bizarre misfire from a talented line-up of artists. With such a towering amount of potential, it is peculiar to see Bobby Deerfield as what it is - a mess. Lacking in any sort of distinguishable narrative or character thread, the movie plods off in numerous directions and leaves the audience behind. The most interesting aspect of it is Al Pacino's understated acting in the title role. Pacino has stated that out of all the roles he's played, this one is the closest to himself in reality. It is evident that he has a deep understanding of this character, but his depth and nuance is lost in a chaotically executed picture.
December 19, 2008
really not too good, not even racing related movie
November 29, 2008
Beautiful, but also very sad movie.
September 11, 2008
good but not the best race movie
½ July 20, 2008
I liked it. I love the style and the feeling of those times.
½ July 13, 2008
Vintage and classic Al Pacino movie. He is my all time favourite actor, but this is the stage where his age suits all his characters ad he does what he does best: rock the movie with his intensity.
April 30, 2008
Sad, boring drama, with a lifeless Al Pacino as an American Formula 1 racer driving the European circuit, who's doubts of life affect his decisions on and off the track. Along the way, he falls for a free-spirited woman (Marthe Keller), who's ailing from that popular movie disease no one knows about. Dull from beginning to end, with stiff characters. Pacino and director Sydney Pollack should leave this one off their resumes.
April 24, 2008
A compelling 70s film by Pollack. The main reason to see this film is the understated and moving performance by Pacino (in particular his Mae West impersonation). It takes a while to get going, but in the end, his character arc and humbling experience is engrossing. (This would make an interesting companion-piece to Pixar's Cars.) Deerfield is another prime example of the originality in 70s movies.
½ March 19, 2008
A differnt type of role for Pacino but still a decent performance. Very slow at times with cast around him just in the way. Would have liked it to be more about racing then a love story.
November 18, 2007
If the allowed negative starrs this would get six
October 12, 2007
Because my sister and I are hopeless romantics and like a good cry!
½ October 8, 2007
Unjustly pillarized when it first came out, this low-key romance about a race car who falls in love with a woman with a tragic secret is surprisingly effective.

Filled with beautiful photography and excellent performances.
September 5, 2007
September 4, 2007
my favori love movie
very good also soundtrack very slow
½ August 7, 2007
BAD BAD & BAD sorry al this was so boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrring... This is a movie to put on if you wanna get a good cat nap..
August 1, 2007
Bad. Bad. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. I cried all right--for the two hours of my life that were lost watching this drivel.
½ July 24, 2007
I just saw it on TV. Al was sweet, handsome and with meaningful "eye performance". Jose Carlos Pace, a famous Brazilian car racer of the 70s was the stunt driver.
½ July 24, 2007
Al is very sweet and his eyes say everything. Josť Carlos Pace, a Brazilian car racer was the stunt driver.
½ July 8, 2007
Ais8matiki teneia..O pacino poli kalos!!!
June 30, 2007
A favorite. In collection. Everyone has a movie they put on to cry. This is mine. I know the dialogue backwards.