Body of Evidence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Body of Evidence Reviews

½ February 24, 2013
As a erotic film, Ok. Not more.
½ January 7, 2013
madonna sex! white body but not a full scene! what are you expecting???!!!!
December 7, 2012
"When is an act of love an act of murder? Madonna asked as she is interrogated playing the role of defendant Rebecca Carlson, in the murder of elderly Andrew Marsh. Dating for several months, sexy Rebecca Carlson and vulnerable Andrew Marsh became extremely close, eventually developing a more than serious relationship. With little aware of this ongoing relationship, Rebecca uses her wit and charm to seduce millionaire Andrew into adding her into his will. Unexpectedly Andrew is found dead from the cause of heart failure in his mansion, handcuffed to his bed, a home video of him and his lover, and a large amount of cocaine in his system. When police analyze the situation, nothing makes more sense and is more obvious than accusing Rebecca Carlson with the murder of her older lover Andrew Marsh charging her with aggressive sexual acts resulting in murder; but is Rebecca truly the answer to all of the police's questions?
Strikingly beautiful, young, and captivating, Rebecca is used to men throwing themselves at her, offering her the glamorous lifestyle, and overall treating her as a goddess. But one thing that she hides is her dark past and ulterior motives, which are later, brought to light. Never being looked out negatively and especially never being accused of a murder Rebecca does not know the first thing to do, but when a handsome lawyer pops up during her arrest all of her questions are answered. She does the only thing she knows how to do and seduces her lawyer into being the only person with any faith in her, which later leads into a full on affair. With her lawyer at her beckoning call, no solid evidence connecting her to the murder, and her innocence, how could she be a murderer?
What makes this film one of the greatest crime thrillers of all time is the unexpected twist and unusualness of the trial which gives this plot something most movies do not acquire. The casting of actors and actresses only help add to the overall intensity and mystery director Uli Edel was aiming for.
The main reason why I rated this film a perfect five star is because of the moral behind the plot. Writer Brad Mirman wanted to exhibit the power that women actually do retain, despite how society has always viewed women as weak and submissive to men. With his goal of showing that women possess a sexual appeal and charm that men do not, women of all kind would enjoy this film.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
½ November 3, 2012
A copy of "basic instict". Not even close..
October 2, 2012
It may not be the best film on the planet, but it has been judged a little too hard in my opinion - mainly because there is always a sentiment to bash Madonna present before anyone has seen the film. Thus, a 60-65% film (as this is) receives a much lower rating, because it start with a -50 before it is screened. This is quite sad, because it is worth a watch. Specially for the uncomfortable sex scenes.
½ September 24, 2012
Can't think of anything positive to say.
½ August 20, 2012
Alot of people beileve just because Madonna has flops in the box office makes her the reason for failed acting career. Truth behold asking your husband to star you in a movie never works. but while young, before guy richie she starred in a jaded,sexy,controversial movie. I've seen it and i believe this is great peices of art, i appluad her. shes Strikingly Beuatiful and guilty tell proven innocent.
½ August 19, 2012
Madonna is a wicked delight in this seductive film of sex and murder !!
July 24, 2012
I like it but the only reason I did watch it was to see Madonna naked =)
July 16, 2012
Madonna play the woman killing wow in this move.
½ June 8, 2012
goofy dialogue+implausible story+bad acting=typical madonna movie,
½ April 30, 2012
Surprisingly appealing! Yeah, yeah, everybody reads Madionna and they do dismiss in a flash. Too bad. In my opinion, critics should pay much closer attention to her body language when performing and all she is able to convey with it... Im not talking sexual body language,,, more the delicate nuances found when seated at the trial, the devilish expression of her innocent eyes, the undeniable dominatrix essence of her character and the trauma of who has learnt that is better to be a step ahead of your abusers' game.
½ April 16, 2012
As a fan of Willem Dafoe I was kind of hopping this wouldn't be to bad. But this film is a film that should be thrown out of theaters and into the $2 bin at a walmart or something
April 8, 2012
It gets a star cuz Madonna's in it.
½ April 3, 2012
Naughty, Erotic, and Taboo, this one's a real sizzler.
½ February 3, 2012
Horrible movie. One of the few movies I considered walking out of in the middle. I wish I had left.
January 15, 2012
mia tainia stul vasiko enstikto mono pou den exei toso ti lampsi kai tous asteres autis!
December 6, 2011
Nah, not for me anyway. I've already watch the scenes worth the time to. ;)