Body of War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Body of War Reviews

January 6, 2009
A documentary that captures the duality that comes with being anti-war, but pro-troops. A welcome addition to the growing number of docs about the Iraq war.
December 25, 2008
A compelling and very sad documentary about a young man who signed up for the was assuming that we were going to be fighting the people who attacked us on Sept. 11th but quickly found out we would be attacking a nation that had not harmed us. We should be ashamed...
December 25, 2008
A fucking amazing movie...EVERYONE with any opinion on the war should watch this ASAP...
December 15, 2008
This doc is very enlightening to issues political, medical, and psychological. this is not a sob story at all; it is a clear picture of the qualities and flaws that we all share as humans and American citizens. A must see.
November 27, 2008
Very good. Very nice to see a refreshingly honest look at these issues. A sad but well told story....this is war.
November 20, 2008
This documentary is very depressing, but also shows how great the human spirit can be during hard times. I'd recommend to everyone.
½ November 16, 2008
Very compelling; very raw. I'm not sure why the plut summary says it's an "incriminating portrait of Democratic politicians"---there are some big pussy Dems, to be sure, but as the film shows it was mostly Republicans that backed the war---but I really love Robert Byrd now! That shaky old man brought tears to my eyes with his passion. Must watch for anyone interested in why and how we were convinved we needed to invade Iraq---which technically should be every American.
½ November 15, 2008
ehhh....it was ok I guess.
November 14, 2008
PRO-MILITARY but ANTI-WAR, this is probably the most emotionally jarring documentary that I've seen on the current crisis in Iraq. EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE!! It was really depressing, I found myself crying through most of it. As a supporter of democrats, it was somewhat disheartening to see how many democrats actually went along with the war initially. However, the most important part of the documentary was seeing this handicapped veteran and his brave commitment to telling the truth about Iraq.
November 9, 2008
Very moving film on a wounded Iraq War veteran juxtaposed the tragic deliberation in the US Congress that brought the authorization for military action in Iraq to pass. Those few who voted against it (such as Robert Byrd) deserve a medal.
November 3, 2008
It's been a long time since a film pissed me off so damn much and made me cry so long and hard. BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!!!!!!!!!
October 31, 2008
Sobering and disturbing. Tomas is a true hero, but even more so for continuing his fight for truth and justice here at home.
October 9, 2008
I was able to go see this movie...last weekend. I thought it was a powerful testament to the mess that is the war in Iraq. It shows C-span clips of house and senate debates leading up to the initial Iraq war vote...and vote by vote who voted for and who voted against. In some respects it is hard to describe how it makes one feel, but it is powerful. So a very well done anti war movie.
My other interests lie in how it portrays disability. And for that I give it low marks. Some of that has to do with the fact that Thomas Young is still trying to figure out what it means to have acquired disability. So it‚??s very much a medical model and deficit outlook on disability. This is what‚??s wrong with you and here‚??s how we‚??re going to fix it. Thomas even says he gets jealous of people who can walk‚?¶.so it shows he is still trying to figure out himself in relation to his new body. The movie does show some of the issues PWD face on a daily basis...but I think it shows a much stronger testament to how recklessly we went to war.
½ August 31, 2008
Amazing documentary about those wounded in Iraq and the polticians who decided to send them there.
½ August 2, 2008
Very moving documentary. Phil Donahue and Ellen Spiro did really great work. A must-see for all Americans. A film that is pro-troops and anti-war. Great!
July 23, 2008
Excellent Movie and Soundtrack!
June 30, 2008
This movie makes me want to go to Washington DC and Shake Senator Byrd's hand. Really touching, I recommend it, especially for those who have been against the war since day one.
June 15, 2008
An amazing film. All young men thinking about enlisting should watch this film.
½ May 29, 2008
There is no one who shouldn't see this film. My 4.5 stars are for it's ability to inform and educate. It's not the most compelling documentary I've seen but it deeply personalizes the experience of the Iraq war, clearly articulates the gross mismanagement of veterans services, and most profoundly of all, for me, was the footage of the House and Senate debates and votes on Iraq War actions... and this documentary made me fall in love with Senator Byrd.