Bog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bog Reviews

October 18, 2014
Bad Movie

This is a bad movie. It was made in the late 1970's but wasn't released to theaters until 1983 and put out to video in 1984. There are four professional actors and a bunch of local amateurs in this Wisconsin made movie. Most of the movie is just people wandering around in the woods next to a lake or cars driving around on country roads. They barely show the "Monster" and it's just a tall guy in a fish suit. The dialog makes no sense and the acting is very bad. The four star actors just recite their lines with almost no emotion. They are old too. The love scene with two old folks is dull. Although the movie is bad, it's not so bad that it's funny. It's just boring.
January 23, 2014
Fun low budget flick. Would make a good double bill with "Alien Dead" or "Terror in the Swamp".
September 3, 2009
Bog is the story of a large aquatic like monster that has long been dormant underneath the bog of a popular fishing lake. After a poacher awakens the monster after using dynamite in the lake, the monster goes around amassing an incredibly large body count of people where it sucks the blood right out of their mouth. It's up to a couple of biologists (including then-big time TV star Gloria DeHaven) along with the late great Aldo Ray (fun, frequent horror genre actor who most recently inspired Quentin Tarantino to name Brad Pitt's character as in Inglorious Bastards) as the town's Sheriff to track this monster down and kill it, but that proves easier said than done since this sucker won't die. Bog is a laughable, horribly bad movie, folks. It's a good thing the Bog monster suit was shown VERY minimally because of how crappy and fake it looks. The biggest upset is the huge body count, where ALL of the kills happen off camera. Aldo Ray is fun to watch but his character seems completely wasted, as do just about everyone else. For an 80's grindhouse monster movie, this one is the pits. Bad editing, bad effects, bad acting, terrible continuity, and the transfer to DVD looks just awful (like they barely rushed it to DVD before the negatives could completely dissolve). At least it had some pretty comical moments (some intentional, but most of them unintentional). Horrible movie!
½ June 12, 2009
this was by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen. it was was so bad that i nearly died laughing because i could not believe that this was a serious film. Please dont waste your time.
March 7, 2009
This one will bog you down.
½ January 18, 2009
This is the absolute worst thing I've seen in my 22 years of living
½ August 19, 2008
this is the worst fucking most dreadful movie i have ever seen! it`s even worse than "Inseminoid"! old bad movies often have their charms, but this horrid piece of shit movie almost killed me with boredom and torture! god damn! i own it on DVD now. i am so impressed in how bad it was that i am actually going to keep it as a future revenge item against a buddy or coworker. for the love of god WHY did this movie see the light of day!
½ July 23, 2008
My dad's in it, my aunt sang the theme song and my grandmother produced the thing ... is that what you'd call a family movie?
November 1, 2007
Not interested. In general I don't like horror movies.
½ July 15, 2007
Gee you can't tell what this is a rip off of.
½ July 6, 2007
fog..bog..this one is stupid..
June 5, 2007
"hypodeemic nerdle".... enough said.
October 19, 2006
yeah..bog sounds like a scarey word
September 2, 2006
Damn, this movie looks stupid.