Bolshe Vita - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bolshe Vita Reviews

½ January 24, 2010
This movie is surprisingly good and refreshing.
It was definitely a low-budget one, shot in a slightly amateurish manner, pretty bad quality, and still - a pleasure to watch. However, I'm not sure it could be really understood by people who never lived in Soviet Union or or surrounding communists countries. But for us, it's so authentic, it re-creates that atmosphere of Perestroika, atmosphere of liberty and lawlessness which co-exist in Eastern Europe's countries at late eighties and early nighties.
There is one more thing I like about this movie: I like it's actors. Some of them are professional, some are not, but they are very authentic and cause real sympathy too.
½ January 24, 2010
This movie is surprisingly good and refreshing.