Boltneck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boltneck Reviews

February 1, 2012
After a fatal accident happens at a party and a boy is killed, a genius science student resurrects him by transplanting a brain into his skull. But by the time he discovers who the brain once belonged to, things have already started to get out of hand.

This is an odd movie to review. It tries to be a teen horror comedy, but it definitely struggles to find a home in any genre. The plot is quite thin and is just there to lead the characters into one comedy situation after another. The cast (including a very young Ryan Reynolds) all play their characters well, and the whole thing reminds you of those great teen comedies of the 90's (Encino Man, Bio-Dome, etc.), but it is just not as good. The horror and gore is completely non-existent to the point where the really good ideas (like the reanimated mouse) are completely underplayed, and even the sequences that are a little 'darker' in tone are soon over and never really exploited. But with all that said, this innocent little movie still struck a cord in me, and I actually quite enjoyed the lightweight fun of it all, and I have to admit that there were bits in it that made me giggle to myself.
March 20, 2011
How did I miss Ryan Reynolds in this?
December 13, 2008
this movie was great first movie i ever saw ryan reynolds in.
½ August 29, 2008
A new take on Frankenstein.
February 21, 2008
Can't find this anywhere. I want this one.
August 3, 2007
lol This looks so cheesy that I want to see it. :P
½ August 2, 2007
ha this movie is messed up, but i still like it. Its funny and ryan does a great job at acting
½ December 27, 2006
Moderately amusing horror spoof, the cast is engaging, especially Ryan Reynolds in an early role. Cute story, good supporting cast. Nothing special but quite watchable.
June 24, 2006
More of a teen comedy than a horror, Matthew Lawrence stars as a geek who creates his very own Frankenstein out of a misfit classmate(Ryan renyolds).It's a good one to watch if you've got nothing better to do,or are really into renyolds, but dont expect too much.:fresh: