Bomb It - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bomb It Reviews

½ January 30, 2014
Gave it a spin off the To-Watch Pile recently, and I still enjoy the art form but remain conflicted about how I feel about the attitude that it represents, like you own a building and I have the right to spray whatever I want on the side of it, y'know?

I just can't bend my mind around that style of ego.

Recommended.
½ June 23, 2012
interesting documentary on grafitti
½ March 9, 2012
A could-have-been masterpiece documentary about the graffiti movement, but they kept running around in circles which made it a boring and predictable doc.

Its nice to watch it though, just put the film on mute, play some of your favorite music, sit back and enjoy the scenery.
½ March 9, 2012

½ January 29, 2012
If a class was taught on the history of street art, this movie would be included in the study material.
½ July 5, 2011
A bit long at times, Bomb It is visually engaging and the story keeps you interested. There are times where the film makers bias seems overt, especially in the anti-capitalism rhetoric, yet the film's poster features a blond woman whose chest if partially bare. All in all, it's worth watching.
May 5, 2011
Interessante... vou baixar! Heheh
April 22, 2011
se tu curte arte de rua, graffiti e todas essas coisas, vocĂȘ vai amar esse filme.
½ April 20, 2011
A thorough, concise, and well balanced documentary. Not only does it entertain and inform, but its comprehensive enough to let even the noobiest of noobs know enough about street art.
½ April 18, 2011
Its hard to not be impressed with the level of talent, creativity, and strategic execution required to spray out the initials of one's name in a public space.

Known as "bombing" in the streets, A range of graffiti artists were interviewed in this documentary, highlighting the personal struggles and stories behind the graffiti artists who bomb cities.

From Africa to Brazil, the profiled artists have the same reasons for why they bomb. Channeling feelings of anger, resentment, and the need to exist in an increasingly disconnected and chaotic world they strive to bring a sense of beauty to the forlorn landscape of urban decay.

Is graffiti art? Or is it just vandalism? This film treats it as art, and much like the principles of design, graffiti must have purpose, rules and context. This is demonstrated when the Brazilian graffiti artists profiled explained how they used the unique architecture of Brazil as an inspiration for the typography in their work. Bomb it sets out to give meaning and respect for this art form and punctuates the stories with rich visual imagery, subtle animations, bold typography, and a bangin' soundtrack.
½ March 13, 2011
The film country hops so quickly that you never really get a true sense of what each country's style is really like.
½ February 10, 2011
interesting documentary on grafitti
January 12, 2011
A realistic sense of awareness brought to you by both sides of the wall from the writers/artists and the authoritative figures/graffing opposition.
January 9, 2011
Another fantastic doc about street art & graffiti, especially it's history & influence around the world.
December 21, 2010
Probably the best, and most comprehensive documentary out there on graffiti. Showcasing talents from all over the world, this film shows how the standard of graffiti has been picked up by writers and artists from places as varied as: England, Brazil, Spain, Japan and Germany. It also shows how each artist turns this art form into something distinctly his or her own.
October 6, 2010
if you got some time to kill
September 13, 2010
A well done graffiti doc. I have watched a bunch of these and this one offers everything you want. It touches on everthing that is important and even goes accross the globe. I doesn't take a PBS approach and is for people that are a little familiar to the sub-culture.
citawijaya
August 30, 2010
Pretty sweet. I love graffiti and thank Lord Raptor Jesus, I love in a city that support graffiti.
½ August 29, 2010

½ July 22, 2010
dokumenter tentang sejarah grafitti dan pergeraqkan "bomber" di LA, london, berlin, sao paulo, brazil, paris, tokyo dan new york.ayo gantikan cahaya neon itu dengan cat!!!