Bombardier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bombardier Reviews

April 21, 2013
an entertaining WWII pic made during WWII 4 RKO.
January 15, 2013
Some striking wartime imagery but not a classic.
½ July 12, 2012
2.5: I purchased this film because it was filmed during WWII on the newly-formed Airbase that is now Kirtland AFB (where I work). Sadly, one doesn't get to see a whole lot of the base apart from a dusty airfield and some hazy mountains (the Manzano's and Sandia's) in the background. It's an interesting picture in that I can't recall too many war films that are so heavily focused on the training element of warfare. Almost the entire film is devoted to the sometimes serious, but mainly lighthearted actions of a squadron of bombardiers at their technical school. The other unusual part of the film was the depiction of Japanese soldiers once they have graduated and are off on their first bombing mission. I don't recall seeing the enemy this up close and personal in a film that was actually made during the war before. It's common in films made after the conclusion of the war, but not during to the best of my knowledge. The bleeping out of profanity via the roar of airplane engines was also pretty innovative. It's pretty much a standard hokey war film.
½ October 14, 2011
Unapologetic wartime propaganda providing an account of the Bombardier units from the States. Can be stirring, but its one-sided heroic nature makes it disappointing.
½ June 22, 2011
awesome WWii movie during WWII it has an urgency which reflected the times, in 1943 the outcome of the war was still uncertain and that comes through in this pic but in a positive way call it propaganda but it makes for interesting watching.
June 7, 2005
SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE WORLD WAR II FLICK, MOVES AT A GOOD PACE. A BIT CLICHE'D, BUT OVERALL A GOOD EFFORT.