Bomber - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bomber Reviews

September 11, 2015
An elderly couple going on a long-delayed trip to Germany have to be driven by their adult son when their car breaks down. Tensions in the family simmer and boil over during their concentrated time together. A promising start ends up mired in self-help pop psychology as the son helps the parents "really" communicate. Major plot points end up unresolved as it drifts into an unearned feel good ending.
March 8, 2013
03.13 This gave me quit a few chuckles. Interesting idea for a story. The quilt the father must have faced his entire life and then there was Ross, getting stuck back with his parents with no options, not fun but sure mad me laugh..Enjoyed how this trip forced the mother to examine her marriage.
LWOODS04
November 16, 2012
"Some bland humor with a very mild interesting story. I usually enjoy a road-trip flick, but this one had very little happening and was quite depressing. Definitely not a film I would sit through again. This is short, but there's really nothing much more I can say about it."
½ September 17, 2012
This movie slogs into a very last minute denoument, then it just lays down to die. We're supposed to figure out by ourselves what happens after the movie ends, but we don't care. Very unsatisfying. Personally, I think Dad's now a senile twit after having been a jerk all his life, and we don't care. I said it twice because I mean it. Mum really does deserve better.
½ April 1, 2012
It's a decent film that's kind of bitter, awkward and strange. I think the ending is more complex and happier than some people realize.
December 17, 2010
This quite likable feature debut from writer-director Paul Cotter provides a bit too familiar take on the road-trip genre to make a lasting impression.