Bonded By Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bonded By Blood Reviews

September 6, 2014
The funny thing about 'true crime' is that this particular story has now been featured in 3 films (including this one) and each one varies. Each version has different sub stories and it's obvious that not all will be revealed. First there was THE ESSEX BOYS, then RISE OF THE FOOT SOLDIER and now this one.

The film itself is probably the least watchable out of the three and whilst this is not a Nick Love film, it could pass as one - what no Danny Dyer? Don't worry we have just as typecast an Actor; Tamer Hassan.

It's watchable, it's what says on the tin!
½ May 13, 2013
This is one of the other 4 films on the Range Rover Murders. I did prefer this one to Essex Boys. Tamer Hassan is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors from across the pond. I would recommend this film.
April 28, 2013
Top film must see it. Ft Danny dyer quality no funny business movie
April 18, 2013
not bad not great either
½ March 20, 2013
This was like something off of CBeebies compared to Rise of the Footsoilder.

Will now watch the 2 Essex Boys films...
January 27, 2013
Same old same old. Don't understand why it was necessary as its a carbon copy of both 'Essex Boys' and 'Rise of the Footsoldier'. How many times do slightly different versions of the Rettendon murders story need to be told? 'Rise of the Footsoldier' was a good film with a good cast, better than 'Essex Boys' in my opinion. But a third version is pointless. Tammer Hassan is an awful actor and I try to steer clear of anything that he stars in. I loved him in 'Football Factory' and 'The Business' but all the straight to dvd stuff since I ignore. Accept in this case. For whatever reason I took notice of this film and with no expectations thought for the sake of an hour and a half it might be worth a watch. How wrong I was. The supporting cast is weak, doesn't hit the standards of the supporting casts in the two previous versions of this story. However I did enjoy Neil Maskell's performance. He was very inconsistent though, at times his input was pointless, but then there where glimmers where he showed he had more acting talent than the wrest of the cast put together. I enjoyed him in 'Football Factory' and he is the only highlight of this film. Since then im pleased he got his break in 'Kill List' which I thoroughly enjoyed. Actors like 'Tammer Hassan' only appear in these kinds of films and over time it becomes boring. Frank Harper is a great example of an actor who always seems to play the hard man, but then mixes it up occasionally with a performance like in 'Bend it like Beckham'. Its a breath of fresh air to see a predictable actor do something different. Hopefully this will be the case with Neil Maskell as I feel he has the potential to be a very good actor. Overall this is a poor film and a waste of 90 minutes of my life i wont get back. Just hope nobody else decides to make a forth film about the Rettendon murders.
October 5, 2012
The story of the Rettendon murders has spawned two terrible, tasteless movies. Now there's a third.
July 18, 2012
Well worth watching even if "the sum isn't worth the whole of the parts". Classic British gangster film precisely because of its swearing.
June 17, 2012
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch..........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..............i think that the director of this comedy/drama/thriller movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect thorughout this movie............i think that....kierston wareing, tamer hassan, vincent regan, terry stone, adam deacon, neil maskell, dave legeno, lucy brown play good roles/parts throughout this movie........i think that this is an entertaining movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie,,,,,,,,,,,,i think that the fight scenes throughout this movie were good......i think that this is an entertaining movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie i think that the fight scenes were good.......the gun shoot outs were good thorughout this movie as well this is a good movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie..........
May 31, 2012
It was slow and and I really couldn't get into the characters.
May 16, 2012
The 3rd film based on the famous Essex murders and you got to ask why. Offers no new insight. Going by this and Rise of the Footsoldier these guys were a horrible bunch anyways and was bound to get got at some point. It's full of OTT swearing and mockney accents and plays out like as just some overgrown kids playing about with drugs and eventually guns. Laughably bad in places. Miss.
½ May 15, 2012
Based on a true story, Bonded by Blood is a brutal portrait of the most notorious firm in British crime history.
April 4, 2012
Top top film, loved the Porsche crash scene, well funny.
½ April 1, 2012
Another make of a movie surrounding the real life "Rettendon" Essex boys murders. Not as good as "Rise of the foot soldier" but still a good make of it. Focus's more on the couple of years leading up to the murders
March 30, 2012
brilliant british gangster movie based on a true story about three essex gangsters who bullied thier way to the top, and eventualy meet thier downfall in a notorious triple murder, while not as realistic and brutal as rise of the footsoldier it tells the movie more cinematicly and is more enjoyable for it, not as brutal either but it gets it's point across, a great cast, live soundtrack, and well made, bonded by blood is brit flick of the year.
January 14, 2012
Not as good as 'Rise of the Footsoldier' (another film based on the same true story) but raised by the presence of Tamar Hussan - as most films of this ilk are ...
September 28, 2011
I get it into my head that if Tamer Hassan is in a film I'll be seeing another of "The Business" or "The Football Factory" not so much, this is not all bad but not great either
September 14, 2011
Based on real life events this, yet another, Brit gangster film is quite watchable for the most part but the ending seems rather swift and surprisingly not that shocking.
September 9, 2011
ham acted,over done,copied,but funny in places...!!
August 10, 2011
A different view of Essex boys or rise of the foot solider, British gangster film