The Bone Collector - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bone Collector Reviews

½ December 16, 2013
Good in places, immensely implausible in the rest.
December 16, 2013
Interesting plot, great cast, but mundane and lifeless film. Needed a better script to be this serious.
½ December 11, 2013
nach so langer zeit immer noch für spannend befunden
November 3, 2013
Film "the Power of Fear" was a surprisingly exciting, Denzel Washington played very well in the movie!!!My score to the film 4 out of 5!!
November 1, 2013
Phillip Noyce is a brilliant director, his latest adventure Salt is spectacular and The Bone Collector is one of his other unforgettable movies, a mysterious and nerve shredding suspense thriller with unpredictable plot turns throughout. With an excellent cast with the likes of Angelina Jolie, Denzel Washington, Ed O'Neill and Queen Latifah and a phenomenal twist end that had me literally at the edge of my seat with shock.
September 8, 2013
Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie muster enough electricity to make The Bone Collector a watchable thriller.
August 6, 2013
Not bad. Not good. Not altogether memorable.
July 23, 2013
1999's Fight Club Is One Of My Favorite Films.
July 22, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013

(1999) The Bone Collector
THRILLER

Based on the Jeffrey Deavor novel starring Denzil Washington as top criminologist Lincoln Rhyme and as a result of an accident becomes a paraplegic where he can do nothing except stay in bed 24/7. A murder is discovered, and rookie cop happens to be nearby and volunteers to investigate and she is Amelia Donaghy played by Angela Jolie. Ryme wants her to stick to the case even though she doesn't really want to but is somehow forced into it since it's assumed that these other specific cops generally fumble at collecting and gathering evidence rather than follow Ryme's rules.

Although based on novel by author Deavor, this movie has many visual similarities to the 1991 movie "Silence Of the Lambs" where the Jodie Foster character has to work with the Anthony Hopkins in order to catch a deranged serial killer. In this case, Jolie has to work with Washington and they're great together in much of the film, but they're so many unnecessary scenes of victims being tortured to death when it may have worked more effectively if they showed them as the two stars were solving it. The director Phillip Noyce obviously had to compromise with producers who wanted the audience to feel the same pain as the killer's victims do. I mean, just because it works on some serial killer films, it doesn't mean that it'll work on this film. I mean how can the audience look at the point of view of the serial killer when we don't even know what he looks like in the first place.

2 out of 4 stars
July 22, 2013
Not sure why this was panned so hard by the critics, it's definitely better than Taking Lives. Perhaps it was that theaters were inundated with this type of movie when it was released, but it wasn't bad
July 18, 2013
Watch it for some sparkling performances.
July 13, 2013
There is certainly enough to keep the viewer guessing and entertained. Jolie and Denzel are awesome as the student and mentor.
½ July 5, 2013
muy buena pelicula excelente trama
½ June 28, 2013
Wasn't that good but it wasn't terrible either.
June 24, 2013
Very impressed by Mr. Washington.
June 11, 2013
Great movie layout... I think from this movie we have now the tv series criminal minds
June 4, 2013
He can collect the bones in my middle finger when I flip him the bird. Not interested.
May 24, 2013
Good movie. Suspenseful, good performances, nice ending.
½ April 29, 2013
A well done suspense movie that has a decent story, good acting from the whole cast (I think this is one of Luis Guzmans best film and it is always nice to see Ed O'Neill in a serious movie) and a nice pace. Yes, it is a little gross in parts, but overall this is a good film that is worth seeing, plus seeing Denzel and Angelina together was kinda cool.
April 27, 2013
great movie!!!! and Denzel is simply a cutie!!!!!