Bonnie and Clyde - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bonnie and Clyde Reviews

January 22, 2016
forget Mickey & Mallory...this is the ultimate criminal couple.
½ January 4, 2016
A classic film of American cinema, Bonnie and Clyde is led by strong performances from all of its main and supporting characters as well as a fairly accurate portrayal of the lives of the infamous criminals. Bonnie and Clyde is one film that you should for sure watch once in your lifetime
December 20, 2015
Bonnie and Clyde is a great crime drama.
½ December 20, 2015
A Hollywood benchmark with its depiction of violence, sex and women.
November 14, 2015
Violent and bloody for the ending. Great performance from Blanche! She is hilarious. The story is quite entertaining. "We rob banks!" I can't help falling in love with the bad guys!
November 5, 2015
"Oh lorde," is right. Major technical failures throughout, in addition to headache giving dialogue just makes you want to scream that.
September 20, 2015
-IGNORE THIS "OUT OF FIVE" RATING
4/4
One of the greatest movies ever made, a milestone of American cinema detailing famous outlaws and their publicity from regular citizens. Broke the rules of violence shown on film (that stirred quite an amount of controversy in its day, and shocked audiences) but was raved by critics and now it's rightfully regarded as an American classic; many film buffs consider this to be the movie that was responsible for launching several careers. Estelle Parsons took home Best Supporting Actress Oscar although every performance is parallel. Burnett Guffey's audacious Cinematography also Won an Oscar for this masterpiece. Director Arthur Penn's best film. Don't miss this!
August 9, 2015
Loved it, but hated glorifying these murderers.
½ July 13, 2015
It is said that the culture of my own country, does sometimes make heroes out of criminals (19th century bushrangers for example).

Apart from the violence, I had to ask myself, if I was being persuaded to feel sympathy for these characters? I do not know.
½ July 13, 2015
Good performances and cinematography with a style somewhat ahead of its time. This movie is more comedy and romance rather than drama and violence. Considered to be one of the greatest gangster films of all time. AAN 1001
½ July 8, 2015
Very slow, with an erratic story line. It's only saving grace is the chemistry between the lead actors.
June 11, 2015
One of the films credited with dismantling the Hayes Code, Bonnie and Clyde didn't just challenge the choking standards, it beat them up and took its lunch money. Journalists Robert Benton and David Newman mined Benton's childhood memories of hearing folk tales about the titular 1930s bank robbers and splayed it out into a tale that was condemned for glorifying vigilantism, sex and violence. Unschooled in three-act structures, Benton and Newman didn't worry about consistency of tone, preferring to emulate the mercurial mood of the French New Wave classics they idolized by writing a script that was funny, romantic, sad and violent all at once. Arthur Penn was entrusted with the reins, directing almost everyone to an Oscar nom and using camera methods that seem beyond the technical limits of the time. So, controversy AND quality? Why did this formula die?
½ May 27, 2015
A movie that has managed to become as iconic as the real life criminals it portrays. It is interesting to watch considering it was so "bold" and "controversial" when it was initially released. Tame by today's standards, the film is still solid. The movie star turns by Beatty and Dunaway feel false, but supporting cast is amazing -- particularly Estelle Parsons. And, the final scene remains surprisingly grim.
April 26, 2015
Best Love-Story ever made..
April 14, 2015
unconvincing romantic angle is portrayed by Bonnie and clyde and a loose plot serve to undermine the heist action and shootouts
March 22, 2015
I adored this movie. This movie was so much fun to watch thanks to Beatty and Dunaway's amazing performances and career best performances. This was my favorite Gene Hackman performance as well. Estelle Parsons deservingly won her Oscar for this and it was a nice surprise to see Gene Wilder pop up. The directing, writing, sound design, costumes, and score were all wonderful and for being a 2 hour movie, it felt like it was 30 minutes that's how much fun it was watching it. This will no doubt be added to my favorite movies list (not sure the ranking yet) but as much as I loved In the Heat of the Night, this should have won Best Picture. It was so good I actually considered watching it again right then and there but it was like 2 am
½ March 10, 2015
The ending was far more graphic than "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. "
March 8, 2015
beautifully shot and a terrific cast

bonnie and Clyde deliver everything it's hyped up to be a classic from start to end
March 8, 2015
Another film that I am not convinced of the validity of its placement on the AFI's top 100 films. A decent film on a fascinatingly morbid topic, but it is a shame the Directors took such artistic licence with the film. An interesting depiction of the 'Public Enemy era' and the post-Depression USA, with an indication of the violence of the pair and their gang, but it would have been enhanced by being both more accurate and including some of the more dramatic events of their life on the run.
½ February 8, 2015
Saudades das narrativas hollywoodianas dos anos 1960-1970.