Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula Reviews

Jay
November 1, 2013
Unfortunately a staggering waste of a fun premise. What starts as a decent, low budget period piece production focused on the exploits of Bonnie and Clyde slowly meanders and over-stretches itself into a drama with very little action (or Dracula). Bonnie and Clyde spend almost the entire film without ever seeing Dracula until they finally meet in a very unexciting way with very little fight between them. One of the biggest facets holding the film back is the unusual (and mostly unnecessary) inclusion of secondary characters like Dr Loveless and his simple-minded female assistant who end up distracting from the story rather then building on it. While the audience impatiently waits for Bonnie and Clyde to finally meet their villain, they are subjected to odd scenes of drama and forced comedy between the doctor and his assistant who seems to be going through just as much drama as the title characters. A film obviously designed as a tongue-in-cheek action/horror between three iconic characters ends up looking like a cautionary tale in writing a film around your family members who each want their own memorable on-screen characters (no matter how small they should have been). We all understand this film can't be as flashy as a multimillion dollar picture but, if Clyde is going to unload an entire clip of his (fully automatic?) pistol into a fellow human, there has to be a few bullet holes on screen and unfortunately, there is just a guy convulsing against a wall in slow motion with a very clean shirt.
½ September 18, 2011
Not since "Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy" have I seen a more misleading title. To put it bluntly (and spoilers be damned), the three never fight. Instead, the simpleton sister of the mad scientist accidentally pulls the curtain off one of the windows, showering Dracula in sunlight, and killing him. Bonnie & Clyde only mop up Dracula's lesser vampire spawn. This movie is a gigantic letdown, which is a shame, because it started out being halfway competent, faking the audience out in the opening sequence.

...then the mad scientist and his sister enter the picture, and things start to go south. The bulk of the film is a dull, plodding mess where nothing much happens, before an attempt to rob a bunch of bootleggers goes awry, providing the necessary plot contrivance for the two otherwise disconnected storylines to finally converge. While there are a handful of moments that are actually entertaining, they aren't worth sitting through the rest of the movie.
June 1, 2011
My criticism of Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula might be a tad-bit unfair because perhaps one isn't supposed to complain much about a movie called Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula. Going into it, I knew it was a D-List B-Movie with a preposterous premise ... and it is. The film has "decent" acting from some no-name-never-will-be-name actors who do the most with their cheesey dialogue and the grotesque situations in which they find themselves. Simply because someone believed a confrontation between the notorious gangster-duo and Dracula would make for an interesting movie, Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula was made. It doesn't really matter how Bonnie and Clyde end up in the same house as Dracula (a mad doctor with a burlap sack over his head -- Dr. Loveless -- is harboring the bloodsucker in his basement ... yep, sure thing!); all that does matter is that the two sides confront each other ... and nobody else really stands a chance. It is an "ignorance-is-bliss" kind of a film ... the audience is simply supposed to enjoy the stupidity onscreen. I was able to ... some; but it really bothered me that the remarkably bad screenwriter apparently knew next-to-nothing of Ms. Parker and Mr. Barrow. They are pretty-much Bonnie and Clyde in name ONLY as their behavior and actions and motivations in THIS film are nothing-at-all like they were in real life. I am sure it shouldn't bother me; but it does ... because, seriously, get something right! It is difficult to blend real-life characters with fiction in something like this. I read and accepted Pride & Prejudice and Zombies and I didn't mind the Bennett sisters being ninja-trained warriors because they were never real; but having Bonnie Parker go medieval with a razor blade (before they even encounter Fangs McGhee) was just too much (as it is still debated whether or not the REAL Bonnie ever pulled a trigger). This is a movie that must be watched with one's brain turned completely off (which means we hope breathing does come naturally) because ANY kind of thinking begins to mar the film. How is that possible?!? Actually ... I don't know as I haven't turned my brain back on yet.
½ March 24, 2011
Errrm...ok. Like the name doesn't tell you what to expect?...moving swiftly on...
½ March 22, 2011
Well this was just crappy crappy crappy fake looking and talking alot of that to and dracula was barly in the movie at all and didnt last to long either it was sure differnt Bonnie & Clyde movie for sure dumb
March 8, 2011
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
No way I want to waist these brain cells seeing anything like this!
May 5, 2010
I find this interesting.
January 10, 2009
A hell of a lot better than the title would lead you to believe.
December 14, 2008