Book of Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Book of Love Reviews

February 19, 2016
Some ppl choose to ignore the problems in their marriage, become detached,but just there. By the time you come out of denial you realize the pain and hurt of cracks in the marriage is far less painful and easier dealt with than infidelity in your marriage.
½ December 24, 2013
wonderfully cast but essentially predictable from beginning to end
½ December 1, 2012
question, Bryce Dallas Howard appear many times, can someone tell me???
½ November 27, 2011
Okay film, simon bakers good in it but its kinda depressing
½ September 5, 2011
Elaine (Frances O'Connor) and David (Simon Baker) seem to have the perfect marriage. But everything changes when they meet Chet (Gregory Smith), an innocent 15 year old boy full of youthful wonder. The threesome form an immediate bond, but a momentary lapse in judgment threatens to rupture the core of the trio's seemingly idyllic lives.

also stars Bryce Dallas Howard, Joanna Adler, Sabria Grdevich, Ari Graynor, Beth MacDonald and Brett Tabor.

directed by Alan Brown.
September 5, 2011
Book of Love was Nominated for an award at the Sundance Film Festival although its a low budget movie... Too bad the script does not have enough conflict or plot complication... The story seems too direct and too linear...
August 23, 2011
This is awful. There is no nicer way to put it. There is no point whatsoever, the production is terrible, the acting is completely flat. What was Simon Baker thinking? Do not waste your time.
½ July 12, 2011
Entertaining? Yes. Disturbing? Yeah. Creepy? Yeah. Worth a watch but there are some questions I have that were left unanswered.
½ July 4, 2011
Never fully develops the premise.
½ May 19, 2011
Lovely performances by Frances O'Connor, Simon Baker & Gregory Smith. Story of how choices affect lives, but little to let us know why the key choice was made. Nice score.
September 23, 2010
Acting is solid but quite confused about Gregory Smith's character.
jjnxn
½ August 8, 2010
Good actors stuck in a clunky disjointed mess of a movie. You never really understand who these people are so the stupid and irrational things the script has them do make no impact on the viewer.
½ May 5, 2010
It was okay. Wouldn't watch it again though.
½ March 13, 2010
i only watched it because i've been in love with gregory smith since zenon was on the disney channel. but i did enjoy the movie. i had different ideas for the ending and i don't think the way they all met was very convincing...but it wasn't bad.
½ August 18, 2009
This one is a mix for me. Can't decide if I like it or not.
July 23, 2009
I want to be the actress with Simon Baker
½ May 24, 2009
Even though I did enjoy this film, I admit that it was a bit strange, and by that I don't mean the plot at all, but the way it was made. I don't know, something was missing here. What could have been a great story with a "male Lolita" kind of love affair, turned out to be a job full of great, amazing actors not at their best. There was something weird about the lighting as well. I think the idea is brilliant, but something got in the way and the result is not as it coud have been. The story about an open minded couple finding out they are more average than they imagined and this so called male "Lolita" could have been a very cool, interesting and even erotic film. Again, something was missing here.
½ January 8, 2009
a woman sexually involved with a young collegue student. is love triangle could be equilateral?
December 24, 2008
I rented this for Simon Baker because I really like him in the Mentalist BUT this wasn't worth my time. The acting wasn't all that great and the story drug on too much. There was too much dead silence time. BUT Simon Baker is still hot! HA
December 10, 2008
Good story, good acting. Great directing, great soundtrack. And a beautiful cover of the titular song before Peter Gabriel gave it even more exposure later that year in Shall We Dance. A highly recommended film.