Born in East L.A. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Born in East L.A. Reviews

½ May 7, 2016
A Latino American is mistaken for an illegal immigrant and shipped off to Mexico where the comedy is he can't prove he's American. This comedy drags especially when our lead attempts his way back into the United states. It's filled with cliches and stereotypes at times but it does have it's moments.
½ February 28, 2016
Went off the rails somewhat in the last third.
February 4, 2016
This does have a few worth while moments, but it just has horrible pacing overall. Cheech does well, but I missed the presence of Tommy Chong next to him. Has a bit of heart to it, but also has some flat moments too.
June 18, 2015
One of my "guilty pleasure" movies.
April 13, 2015
Not as funny as I expected, but it does have its moments. What I did find surprising is how much effort went into making Cheech's character not a stereotype. But believe me there are plenty of those in this film, but it's done in a different way than you would expect. Surprisingly human, but the script can get episodic and rather predictable.

It's worth a rental.
April 11, 2015
Funny, a little charming, entertaining, and feels like an 80s classic.
½ April 9, 2015
When the four minute video is funnier than the whole movie then you've got a problem.
April 30, 2014
awful. his best work will always be cheech and chong's next movie.
March 27, 2014
my kind of movie. My raza did it agajn
January 31, 2014
One of my guilty pleasures! I love this movie, because it takes situations of the everyday life of a Latino, & shows it thru humor! ;))
September 8, 2013
The best of the 80's for sure.... My grandmother loved this and my cousins used to imitate the scenes great....oooh the good ol' days.
June 3, 2013
i was born in east la. funny
½ May 28, 2013
the attempts to get back to the states is pretty damn funny. But the truth is so sad.
March 9, 2013
The original poster for this was brilliant. I can barely remember the film though.
September 20, 2012
This is a enjoyable movie ....but no Chong it's still a good watch
April 6, 2012
Seen it a long time ago, can't remember if I liked it or not
April 3, 2012
A good vehicle for cheech martin about a U.S citizen of Mexican heritage getting mistakingly sent to mexico as a deporte and having to try to get back in but also living the Mexican way for a while, there are some entertaining moiments and comments about Mexican imigration, Marin is likeable and while not everything comes of well, and certainly at times brags up the american way, its a enjoyable watch from the 80s and makes me want to seek out more Marin
October 11, 2011
doesn't look interesting enough to me
August 17, 2011
This is a enjoyable movie ....but no Chong it's still a good watch
July 13, 2011
easily cheech marin's hillarious and best performance he's been since up in smoke. A+