Born in East L.A. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Born in East L.A. Reviews

½ March 19, 2011
I watched this movie as a 14 year old on VHS. Even then, it kind of sucked. Fortunately, I was only 14, and easily amused, so I watched it 4 more times before we took the tape back to the video store. Sucked every time.
½ December 10, 2010
Some really funny moments. One mistake is that Border Patrol agents aren't supposed to have beards, but movies never get that right.
December 2, 2010
i'll remember i seen this movie in the theater i was about 7 and i'll remember i was an afraid with rudy (cheech marin) in tattoo scene. so now im so enjoy this movie of cheech marin the starring, written, and the director this film.

this is a good funniest comedy movie of with cheech marin did great role as rudy of the character. this is the good opening credit with the red-hair female walking by. i wish tommy chong appear an cameo and tommy is to turned it down and i wish myself that he should an cameo (sadly). so this is the funny plot and paul rodriguez (javier) also starring and funniest character also role as rudy's cousin.
November 7, 2010
I kinda remember this, and from I can recall I wasn't blown away and it really does not make me want to go out and rediscover it today.
½ August 8, 2010
4 words: orale bato!!!!! Waaaaaaaaas sappennning
½ June 21, 2010
Pretty good movie. We usually watch this one after a few beers maybe thats why it's funny or maybe it's because my mother despises it. Which is funny bc I got it out of their DVD player. All in all a movie that will stay in my collection.
½ May 16, 2010
A decent enough comedy. It stars Cheech Marin who gets deported to Mexico. Now he must get back to the States and back to East LA where he lives. Some funny moments in the film. Kind of low brow comedy but still funny. Not a great comedy but still worth maybe a one time watch for Cheech Marin fans.
½ May 11, 2010
it was ok i liked it
January 29, 2010
a hilarious movie by Cheech Martin 82%
January 17, 2010
Think I've seen this one
January 1, 2010
A really promising and genuinely clever plot that's let down by flat direction, Born in East LA is only occasionally as funny as it could be. Too often the cheap laughs are milked, obscuring deeper themes.
ScoopOnline
December 15, 2009
A Comedy Bordering On Insanity
October 24, 2009
Nothing to funny but good old Cheech brings some laughs.
½ October 23, 2009
I really like this movie but the DVD I bought had a big chunk of the movie cut out.I wonder why????
September 26, 2009
This movie is soooooooooooooooooooooo hilarious
September 24, 2009
wwaaaaassssaaaaapooooning? ,you dont read english
½ September 18, 2009
This is funny Cheech Marin is
doing his best to get back to
the U.S. such a short way to go.
½ August 30, 2009
the song was funny; but then to stretch it out to make a movie was too much
½ August 19, 2009
I remember watching this as a kid. Haha