Borrowed Hearts: A Holiday Romance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Borrowed Hearts: A Holiday Romance Reviews

½ February 23, 2016
Borrowed Hearts is a Hallmark type of movie - a poor single mother with a cute daughter find a rich single guy who can't stand them, but needs them to act as his family. By the end of the movie, the business is saved, the couple is in love, and everyone lives happily ever after.
½ December 19, 2015
My ver;y favorite Christmas movie. Love it!!!
½ March 5, 2015
A nice holiday movie'.
½ November 14, 2014
Un autre film de Noël que j'aime réécouter dans le temps des fêtes.
June 11, 2014
Best family Christmas movie
January 19, 2014
Odd story and character quirks common for a 90's TV movie, but it's rare to find a 90's TV movie, especially a romance, this engaging and entertaining. It has its share of sugar coating, while not having it at the same time.
November 10, 2013
love love love this movie!!!!!
December 16, 2012
love this movie so much <3
November 12, 2012
A telefilm from 1997? You might think I'm running out of media to review, but, I specialize in old-school, family-friendly entertainment, so, actually, "Borrowed Hearts" is right up my alley. What did I think of the movie? As a whole, it was great. The cast was amazing, though Roma Downey's ("Touched By an Angel") voice was a bit grating. Especially of note was Hector Elizondo ("The Princess Diaries,") whom I had never heard speak Spanish onscreen before I watched this. Plot-wise, it was the typical "jerk-turns-to-family-man" tale, though it was done without the fantasy of movies such as "The Santa Clause," "Jingle All the Way," or "Hook". In fact, the lead male character's personality resembled Robert Downey, Jr.'s "Iron Man," though without the super-duper technology. As for content, there were some sexual references--mostly used to show what a jerk the guy was to start with--and a scant few profanities. In short, anyone looking for a quick, sweet, light-hearted, little-known, relatively family-friendly Yuletide drama should pick this up, though only as a rental at first.
½ August 10, 2012
A wholesome Christmas movie with engaging performances from Roma Downey and Eric McCormack, with an excellent Hector Elizondo in a supporting role. Predictable, of course, but a nicely handled dose of sentimentality.
March 23, 2012
Typical romantic comedy fluff piece.
February 16, 2012
sweet aww the little girl is so adorable sam is good looking lol rented family wth angel
December 27, 2011
Typical romantic comedy fluff piece.
½ December 1, 2011
A very cheesy, corny, b-list Christmas movie. It was awesome. McCormick's hair looked a little dirty though...like when you don't take a shower for a while. But by doing this, your hair retains a lot of the oils that shampoos will strip from it. So I understand where he was going with that.
November 26, 2011
I've seen this movie a lot, cuz my family owns it. It's a pretty good story.
½ September 7, 2011
Very sweet and enjoyable holiday movie. I particularly enjoyed the comedy and the ways both Sam and Kathleen overcame their walls they used to shelter themselves. I would consider this a "Lifetime Movie Network" movie, but that doesn't mean they are all bad!
December 17, 2010
½ October 1, 2010
Eric McCormack pre-Will and Grace!
½ June 10, 2010
I'm sucker for Christmas movies...and Eric McCormack.